Community update - last one !

Started by PU9makerrecord holder
12/03/2014 22:33
Page 1 of 1
PU9makerrecord holder12/03/2014 22:33(edited 12/03/2014 23:39)

hey guys
Even tho im not an admin anymore, a few second ago I decided to make one last Community update.Although I didnt put much effort into this one, These series used to be something i really enjoyed doing cuz thats just how I roll.
Image


XJ management changes

I think its safe to say that faker was one of the most hard-working admins ever. He is one of the main guys who got XJ to the point as we see it today. Ofc, there were another people who did alot of great things for XJ, the first persons in my mind is Thopa, ndR, eDark and the list goes on. But it was faker who kept XJ together, who acted impartial in all matters regarding XJ and for this he earned my biggest respect for all this. Godspeed Rafl !
Now let's focus on something more actual. faker was replaced by cyclopp and psyxopat. The question is, was it a wise decision ? Its still too soon to answer this question. I believe faker didnt acted hastily and he wouldnt give such a big responsibility to someone who wouldnt handle it. Time will tell afterall.




XJ Activity

XJ has been dealing with a lower activity than it was a few months ago. Fact or fiction ? Its really not an easy question to answer. But at this very moment I'd say its more like a fact. Even tho CUPS are a good attraction how to bring activity and old players back, it wont work forever, same goes for WR releases. XJ needs diversity as interviews, something previously unseen, and so on. There is always something you can improve or innovate.


Image

Demo reviews


1. DeathClaw on kzsca_burrow[red_bricks] done in 02:05.76

This Russin jumper has made an amazing progress in his jumping career. It feels like yesterday when I was spectating him on his LAN server and he was failing basic jumps but now, just a few months later his records are scary good. He is not that underdog anymore and DC is currently classified in the TOP players in the world. If you still have doubts about him, watch this demo and after that I guarantee that your doubts will disappear.

2. shooting-star on kz_kzse_marsh done in 01:28.48

When you see this alias, what comes to your mind ? CUP Winner ? Yea, me too. And maybe its not a coincidence to see him in WR releases more and more often because players like rEs0LuTe etc said that CUP matches made them better, consistent and confident. There's definitely something about it. In this demo, you can clearly see shooting-star's confidence and consistency and its just these qualities that allowed him to beat such a legend as Flibo is.


3. pizza^ on kz_ea_canals done in 02:59.76

Derek "pizza^" Johnson is somehow an underrated jumper but I cant figure out why.. Does it have something to do with his map choice or what ? He's not like any other player. Watching him trying a Wrold record is a great journey full of surprises becuase he's improvising and that makes his runs fun to watch. Run on canals is just phenomenal. Not only that pizza smashed LEWLY's time but the way he did it is just incredible. perfect timing, perfect movements, perfect intuition. This guy doesnt have a weak spot. Give us more !

Image

Chit-Chat with LEWLY


PU9maker : Hey LEWLY, how are you these days ? Its been quite a while since you finished school. Any updates in your life since then ?

LEWLY : yalla, im a lot more of a weirdo these days, not sure why.. yes quite a while and im OK with that being done with, finally.. nothing special.

PU9maker : Ive noticed you play CS:GO alot these days. Do you play just on public servers, for fun or are you in a team or something like that ?

LEWLY : I don't really play a lot, only some days that I can play like 5 matches but some days I don't play at all, I only have it started pretty much 24/7. when I do play it is usually just DM if I care to warmup a little or it is competitive play with just friends..

PU9maker : Your inactivity regarding WR recording had kind of negative impact on the whole community. Seems like you were the main attraction on XJ and also you made some oldschool players record again. Why did you stop ? And is there a possibility in the (near) future to see you literally destroy any records you want like you did before ? What would make you record again ?

LEWLY : I stopped because of xj, I still enjoy playing kz and I do pop into a public server from time to time now but I will never record again for the current XJ.

PU9maker : Can you please elaborate why ?

LEWLY : Sure, that whole lynn story was just a big downfall, they did have real proof but did nothing for so long, if u were paying attention thats when I basically stopped sending in demos. Also now with some of the new staff, I just think it is kind of sad that XJ puts people like for example kayne as a demo admin yet again when he is clearly as childish as me, no but he is a wannabe troll some stuff he has done is just meh..

PU9maker : Alright, thanks <3

LEWLY : np dude :)



ShoCk's retirement

As many of you probably already noticed ShoCk is not an admin anymore and I think you sederve to know a little bit more.

PU9maker : Hey ShoCk, Why is your admin carrer over ?

ShoCk : I resigned because feeling tired of doing my responsibilities.

PU9maker : You took your place in Honorary members list, How did you deserve this ?

ShoCk : Im in a honorary list because they say ive done a lot for xj in all those 3 years or so.

PU9maker : Was it a "good run" during these 3 years ? If you could choose only 1 memory about your admin-time. What would it be ?

ShoCk : yep it was definitely, probably the best part in my kz days is associated with admin affairs.
Dunno at the moment, well i remember how me still being just a cup admin and when there was launched a tournament: do you dare risk it all, there was going to start a match in a few minutes and none of the match admins were online so i felt like it's my finest hour and took the matter on my shoulders.. was nervous to do something wrong managing the matches but in the end it turned successfull i could say :D that's when cyclopp promoted me to tournament admins



Chasquido, WHERE ARE YOU?!


I dont know if you still remember the interview with Chasquido but back then, he told me he has already like 4-5 demos recorded. And a few days back Ive heard a rumor on an Argentinian public server that he recorded like 10 ! more. C'mon Chasco, its time to show what you got.




Will we see fu_extreme beaten ?

Image


There's a good chance. Im sure you've heard of lrs who actually might be the one who will turn seemingly impossible task to reality. I asked him about his progress on this map and lrs told me its definitely possible to beat although it will be very frustrating. If lrs or whoever else manages to beat it without cps, the prize will be generous.


Cosy-Climbing's statement about the end


This news recenly shocked whole "KZ world" and now Nikola wrote kind of interesting statement about it on Cosy-Climbing webiste. Learn more at : https://cosy-climbing.net/comment.php?comment.news.905


________________________________________________________________________
Screw it, Im done. Hope you guys like it atleast a little bit and if u dont, go to hell. I didnt really do any proof-read or whatever. This took me like 2 hours in total. Its not perfect, its not compelete, I had alot more to say but who cares lol. Hope this will motivate curent weekly team to shake things up a bit.

daza mapper12/03/2014 22:44

I think it was good :)

Nikita12/03/2014 22:48

Good job pu9, sad to see you doing the "last" community update :(
Have to agree about chasquido, where are you bro? :(

WeMeRA12/03/2014 23:00

I do not like it and I will not be going to hell.

DeathClawrecord holder Tournament #113/03/2014 00:01(edited 13/03/2014 00:03)

good job for making some good stuff even tho its "fastmade" and not so high quality, but this is better than nothing for sure. btw where the hell is weekly team?

Poorly written tbh.. no topic was revealed.. unless you've intentionally left it for us to discuss. Didn't even bother to read demo reviews cuz no point. Cups are good. Chasquido still has 29.xx on prochallenge_speed. fu_extreme is a joke. You could have told me that it was an interview, I wasn't ready for this, also it looks like you kinda rewrote my msgs and it looks bad. Hopefully weekly team finally gather it's pieces together and presents us a more thought-out piece any time soon.

PU9makerrecord holder13/03/2014 00:18

Originally posted by ShoCk
Poorly written tbh.. no topic was revealed.. unless you've intentionally left it for us to discuss. Didn't even bother to read demo reviews cuz no point. Cups are good. Chasquido still has 29.xx on prochallenge_speed. fu_extreme is a joke. You could have told me that it was an interview, I wasn't ready for this, also it looks like you kinda rewrote my msgs and it looks bad. Hopefully weekly team finally gather it's pieces together and presents us a more thought-out piece any time soon.


Me too. They've been preparing for 3 months alreadz so Im sure it will be dope

FLP13/03/2014 01:48(edited 13/03/2014 01:49)

Well at least someone still cares about stuff like this.
I was never a fan of pizza style mainly because we don't have similar taste in maps.
Nice read,PU9maker although I don't know you I always liked you and I will always remember you as a one a few admins who ,,really'' cared about this community.It's a shame that other people don't see that...Wish you all the best man!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.