Timer question
So I downloaded timecounter.wad and timercounter.rmf and I was wondering if there was a way to import the rmf file's contents into my current kz map? I'm fairly new to map making and I'd hate to start over. I was reading a few threads about it but they seem to be a bit advanced for me, I just was wondering if there's an easy way to import the start and end timer to my map. I tried copying and pasting but had no luck.
Forgive my noobishness
all you have to do is copy and paste them as a group. that means you need to have the Ignore Groups icon (ig) toggled off so you will select all the entities.
make sure to have timercounter.wad listed in hammer textures so that it can read the textures.
copy the start, end button and the timer structure as a group and it will work. you may also want to look at spr1n's sprite timer system
Originally posted by byoball you have to do is copy and paste them as a group. that means you need to have the Ignore Groups icon (ig) toggled off so you will select all the entities.
make sure to have timercounter.wad listed in hammer textures so that it can read the textures.
copy the start, end button and the timer structure as a group and it will work. you may also want to look at spr1n's sprite timer system
Can you explain a bit more on how to make them into a group? I've got the timercounter.wad in the textures section already but they're coming up as unmarked blocks (completely white except for the text part)
they are already grouped by the author of this rmf. all you have to do is make sure you have ig toggled off and select the timer structure. this will select all the brushes and entities that work to make the timer.
as for the textures, once you add timercounter.wad to your textures list and reopen the map it should show them correctly.
if you're still having issues go to my profile and add me on steam
Please log in to post replies.