Weekly cup ideas

26/03/2014 14:52
Page 1 of 1
shooting-starrecord holder Tournament #126/03/2014 14:52(edited 27/03/2014 07:34)

Hi there,
i would like to start a new thread about cups because I am a bit disappointed about monotony of current cups (teamcups are just one step):

PATTERN:
a) brief cupname
b) specification
c) estimated time

-----------------------------------------

(1)
a) Specific maps cup
b) basic SE cup with only one type of maps (speed/bhop/hard/j2s/...)
c) same as current, 16x15 mins, 2 days

(2)
a) One map cups, no time limit
b) basic SE cup with only one map in mappool, I recommend to play only known short maps, no time limit, a player who finishes first win the match, possibility of more rounds (3 rounds on coldbhop for example). I would really like to see e.g. bkz_goldbhop cup
c) depends on total rounds and player quality, my estimation is 16x10 mins

(3)
a) Marathon
b) Original idea by Perdo, who realised this type of cup on kzsk.
EDIT: lets say it starts at 17:00. Players who want to play have to come to server up to 17:00, when admin moves each player to the start and starts the whole round. Round ends when the best players reach the end button, the player count depends on a cupsystem.
c) depends on the chosen map, max 2 hours (2 rounds on big(hard) maps)

(4)
a) Basic teamcup
b) teams of 2+ players, players dont switch the one who play during a map, 5-min matches, it would be best to have team of 3 and 3 matches to be played, each player will play one match.
c) same as current, 16x15 mins, 2 days

(5)
a) Longjump cup
b) cup on longjump maps
c) one day

Final idea: cup point system on this website

Share your thoughts!

Didn't quite understand 3. Do they all have to finish it? One round per week or one of saturday? Does it mean you play a single round each saturday therefore stretch the duration to a few weeks oO? What exactly serves you a possibility to play long maps like kz_world? I don't understand literally anything sorry :D

Interesting ideas with the other ones, although I don't think that 4 has really much to offer for a teamplay. I find switch-over type of cups a lot more reasonable for team cup matter. Also, monotony speaking, don't you find 1 boring to watch? The only thing I'd be interested in is results.. I doubt I'd have enough pateince to watch it all tbh.. Also, 5 is kinda appliable for 1 while I like the specific maps cup idea :)

Viglioshius26/03/2014 21:14

Well just when I thought the kz is dead, the next thing you see it is even more dead then it was

KZ is dead / KZ is dead / KZ is dead

Aren't you people bored of the same faces over and over again:(?

Let it die already, kz deserves some peace for it's awesomeness in a past:)

G.G.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #226/03/2014 22:32

Please ban this retard! Sorry for my language but he's annoying.

shooting-starrecord holder Tournament #126/03/2014 22:51(edited 26/03/2014 22:52)

Originally posted by ShoCk
Didn't quite understand 3. Do they all have to finish it? One round per week or one of saturday? Does it mean you play a single round each saturday therefore stretch the duration to a few weeks oO? What exactly serves you a possibility to play long maps like kz_world? I don't understand literally anything sorry :D

Also, monotony speaking, don't you find 1 boring to watch? The only thing I'd be interested in is results.. I doubt I'd have enough pateince to watch it all tbh.. Also, 5 is kinda appliable for 1 while I like the specific maps cup idea :)


@(3) - you were cupadmin, i thought its obvious that its smart to wait only for those who are going to advance to next round or just for 3 winners :D everyone starts at the same time, massive start

@monotony - as a player, it become quite boring... tactics are all the same, i dont really see a reason to keep it that way when they are many others... i just wrote few of them to be helpful

Well the reason I asked you all those question alongside with obvious ones is because I understood zero of the concept.. it's difficult to make conclusions of something you know nothing about.. would you be so kind to rewrite the whole paragraphs please? Or if anybody else understood it...

knoxville27/03/2014 02:18

i think he means something like this...

so you pick a "long" map and every1 that wants can join the server for a period of time (~2h like he said in the post) to finish the map (as often as they like?!) and at the end of the time (~2h) the top 8 times advance to the next round on the next day.

and also the idea to do this with 2 maps (guess for the finals???) to have a 3 player match at the end.

1st day
everyone and his friends join the server for a set period of time to get the map done at the same time. -> top 8 advance to next day

2nd day
1st map the top 8 play like in the 1st day. -> best 3 times advance to finals
2nd map top 3 play and well you get it who finishes what place in the end :D




So basically a singup-free melee cup with no timelimit, might work, will be difficult to stream =D

Viglioshius27/03/2014 15:39

Why so mad? Dumbfuck

Originally posted by ShoCk
So basically a singup-free melee cup with no timelimit, might work, will be difficult to stream =D


It would be like a marathon in TV, i think they might stream top players most of the time, opportunities are everywhere :)

WeMeRA27/03/2014 17:44

Originally posted by Viglioshius
Why so mad? Dumbfuck


Can someone do something about this guy?

Viglioshius27/03/2014 17:52

Cry me a river

WeMeRA27/03/2014 18:20

Originally posted by Viglioshius
Cry me a river


Alright.

-Q_Q-.
---|-----.
--/-\-----.--..................................

Ovidiu Dumitru27/03/2014 19:19

Sorry for the interruptions guys. It's ok now. Please continue with the brainstorming.
Thanks a lot.

WeMeRA27/03/2014 19:34

Anyways,

I think the idea of having a map like kz_world and the 8 best times will advance to the next round is great. I would love that.

Ovidiu Dumitru27/03/2014 19:47

That's a good one guys.

It's like on motogp or other racing sports. There is a qualification session before every actual match. They use that to settle the order of cars/bikes at start.

We can even use something like this to settle who dismisses the map first.

dEMolite mapper27/03/2014 20:06

i had some fun cups running in the past
the hated onces with rpz_duck clintmo_falling and rpz_downfall
the other one was with the forgotten and missing kreedz custom maps like:
kz_slime(killing the enemy by dropping platforms) or kz_pyramid(maze)

shooting-starrecord holder Tournament #128/03/2014 11:37(edited 28/03/2014 11:38)

Originally posted by Ovidiu Dumitru
That's a good one guys.

It's like on motogp or other racing sports. There is a qualification session before every actual match. They use that to settle the order of cars/bikes at start.

We can even use something like this to settle who dismisses the map first.


thats true, if there were 2 rounds and 8 players in round 2, they may start in 5-sec intervals, so the 8th will start 35secs after the first one from round 1. But about dismissions, i think there should not be dismissions in marathon races

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.