(possible!) solution of getting your distance back
as many others complain about, my lj stats have gone shit for some months now..not being able to land 250 block etc, but after 1 min of trying this i got my shit back
results may vary
i do the opposite and look down when i lj.
Friend of mine looks up in the sky like that, maybe not that much but close to it.
Reason it might help is because you get really straight strafes
yeah, i just thought it was funny that it worked and also being that lucky with the jof in 1 minute
actually m_yaw helps alot too :)
Originally posted by Cobrexactually m_yaw helps alot too :)
Once i set m_pitch to 0.03 and i just had to land 254x2 within a few tries without a demo, still can't do it on demo :<
best strafes are the horizontal ones.
m_yaw does that perfectly, but you can't overuse it, since its not comfortable to view-look anymore. But setting a higher value than normal is helping indeed.
If you guys knew how protoN was playing back in 2010-2011, you would have seen how his bhop looked perfect, and WAS perfect. I never wanted to give this "secret" away, even though some already know it, but I just may make a "tutorial" since its affects your sensitivity.
I call myth about the m_yaw thing, I tried it in all different kind of ways yesterday and it didn't help me with anything at all :|
its mostly for people that can't/don't strafe horizontaly (aka deathclaw) ... its about the game and its "mechanics". If you already own strafing, this won't do any good.
I'm playing with m_yaw since 2010 and I just tried yesturday to play with the default value of it. From 7strafes ~80-90 sync, I've downgraded to ~50-60.
I'm not saying it's MINDBLOWING or helps you that much that it will become illegal ... it just helps in some situations.
Originally posted by Cobrexits mostly for people that can't/don't strafe horizontaly (aka deathclaw) ... its about the game and its "mechanics". If you already own strafing, this won't do any good.
I'm playing with m_yaw since 2010 and I just tried yesturday to play with the default value of it. From 7strafes ~80-90 sync, I've downgraded to ~50-60.
I'm not saying it's MINDBLOWING or helps you that much that it will become illegal ... it just helps in some situations.
m_yaw or pitch can help with some things and ruin others. When i tried it my bhop was sort of weird and playing hns was even weirder.
My ljs was random but my wjs were kinda good(failed my first or second 275 with it i think)
Its also something that cant be illegal since its the same thing as changing X and Y DPI on the for example Razer Deathadder drivers
What value should you set the m_yaw too? I might just try it out and see if it will help anything.
Originally posted by ballsingWhat value should you set the m_yaw too? I might just try it out and see if it will help anything.
Play with the value a little bit.
m_yaw 0.022 = default
I'm using m_yaw 0.055
I used 0.066 for almost an year, but since my new mouse, I switched to 0.055
See what suits you. When you change it, the sensitiivity must be changed too, lowering the value.
Try m_yaw 0.066, and play with the sensitivity until you get what you want to.
You will notice that the "vertical sensitivity"(if its correct to say it like that) will be much "slower" than the horizontal one.
another thing this might help with is to get back the feeling of when to duck, i found out that it's why my stats have been wonky lately, because i strafe too fast thinking i need to duck early.
Somebody can explain me what m_yaw is and what it does?
if you've played a HL1/HL2 engine game competitively chances are you've seen loads of stuff about sensitivity and these values come up in conversation from time to time. i will explain the facts i know about them for you
some info on the values themselves:
m_yaw is the sensitivity of your mouse movement along the x-axis...
m_pitch along y-axis
these m_pitch/m_yaw/sensitivity values operate in the same way across all your hl1 and source engine games
in-game sensitivity is something of a combination of these two settings, which is just an easier value for players to use. so doubling your m_pitch and m_yaw values is [exactly] the same as doubling your in-game sensitivity value and not touching m_yaw/m_pitch
m_yaw is most commonly changed by players because it has the most impact, if you are a player who were to play on a stretched 4:3 resolution such as 1024x768 on your 24" monitor for example, it's obvious 1024 at its new, stretched value of 1920, has changed the most compared to 768 becoming 1080, so if you were to create a perfect circle with your sens it would alter visually into something like this:
So to get back to the same visual circle people might mess around with the m_yaw/m_pitch values if they don't wanna re-train their muscle memory
possible application in kz:
if you recorded an lj where your strafes are small and perfectly horizontal, then changed m_yaw to a higher value you would get different lj stats, like higher gain/max speed (and changing m_pitch would have absolutely no effect here)
i believe there is an optimal speed of pixels/sec that will result in maximum speed gained in the engine
let's say there is a player who has some fast diagonal strafes and low sensitivity, when doing 8+ strafes you might be falling short of this optimal speed so if you upped m_yaw a bit you could improve your distance.
tl;dr In reality though you can just alter the way you are moving the mouse IRL and achieve the same result.
if you would like to mess around just note default values are 0.022 for both and use a calculator like this one to fully understand the speed of your x-axis value: http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm so that you can recreate your sens if you want with different m_yaw values.
(if you use raw that means your windows multiplier is unchanged at 1.0)
sounds like a cheat
Please log in to post replies.