Water movement

Started by perd0 mapper
30/05/2014 06:37
Page 1 of 1
perd0 mapper30/05/2014 06:37(edited 30/05/2014 06:38)

Hello folks. Is it possible to do anything about water movement in my map? I mean, after rendering the water texture is scaled to 1x1 and it has kind of those stupid FAST moves, I'm sure you know what am I talking about, so I was just wondering if I can do something about it in hammer. I don't want the water texture to stop completely, I want it to act as water, that means move a little, but not that fast as it is moving by default.
Also, is it possible to scale texture to ie. 4x4 if I apply func_water/func_illusionary?

Thanks.

Keo mapper30/05/2014 07:36

you must be getting some kind of bug, because it is possible to scale the texture of water blocks just like a regular block. Also, the speed of the moving water can be set in func_water if i remember correctly.

perd0 mapper30/05/2014 13:25

Well yea.. there is an option to set speed in func_water properties, though after rendering it doesn't apply and water is 1x1 and moving like crazy.

Keo mapper30/05/2014 14:43

well then, either your compiler is fudged up, or hammer itself. I'd suggest reinstalling or changing the compile method or the compiler.

KarLi mapper30/05/2014 20:32

If you use other texture then its fine?

SadPuppy mapper01/07/2014 15:39

Scaling the water texture is what you do to get it to move slower and look better. Try 4.0 x 4.0 for example. There is a wave height setting in func_water but unless you need waves you should use func_illusionary (contents = water) or even just color a normal brush with water texture depending on what you need. Also, there is a default wave height setting under map properties which I think will effect even fake water (not sure).

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.