Jackhammer Editor

Started by KarLi mapper
14/06/2014 02:16
Page 1 of 1
KarLi mapper14/06/2014 02:16(edited 14/06/2014 02:19)

Hey everybody , today i was researching stuff on the net
and i accidently found this jackhammer editor for mapping
for goldsrc,half life etc .

more info here:
jackhammer.hlfx.ru/en/
or
http://www.moddb.com/news/jackhammer-new-cross-platform-level-editor-public-alpha

I have tested it and it looked nice also it accepts all .rmf and .map files too.

You might try it out if you are a mapper , released 1-2 years ago and its much
more comfortable imo to use.

Download:
http://jackhammer.hlfx.ru/en/download_jackhammer_win32.html

have fun brothers and sisters xD

Keo mapper16/06/2014 03:30

can i really build a 26000x26000 units map with this?
Errors, bugs?

SzczupaK16/06/2014 05:12

Thanks for sharing !

Pieshels mapper16/06/2014 11:15

[blockquote]new functions, as brush merging, scaling texture lock, validity restrictions in Vertex Manipulation mode, model rendition in 2D viewports (including the translation/rotation preview), scaling models with Alt key pressed.[/blockquote]
[blockquote]For example, the new format enables displaying angles of entities using arrows, rendition of light sources as octahedrons, and introduces a help system for entities and their parameters.[/blockquote]
Along with texture transparency and rendermodes...

Has anyone tried this out? Can't tell much from the screens on their page.
Everything listed seems nice, but I get this feeling that, for example, brush merging might have some unforeseen consequences.

Keo mapper16/06/2014 12:04

i've tried it for about 10 minutes (due to lack of time), it's almost the same as hammer (in looks). But so far i don't like the fact that i can't walk around the 2d windows like i can in hammer.
But i managed to make the world 16000 units, and from what they say it can be bigger than 200.000 units. i ll try it some more later tonight.

KarLi mapper16/06/2014 17:16

@Keo no idea if u can do such big map , but if its possible to create such a big room then it might be possible to make the map :o

keep suggesting guys :)

daza mapper16/06/2014 17:27

it doesnt seem like it can do anything different in this. :C

spr1n mapper17/06/2014 13:49

forked it for 15 minutes and its quite nice so far: visgroup managment, additive/solid rendering and some little things, other than that its quite a lot like VHE. Quite decent alternative to vhe I must admit. Unfortunately I experienced a lot of linux specific issues in that build.

SadPuppy mapper22/07/2014 12:19

Looks promising...but I miss moving around in the windows quickly for one. And it cannot handle big texture wads, crashes when trying to precache. I'll try to split them up into several smaller ones and see if it can handle the total number of textures I use for starters. I would love if I could include all textures in the program at once. I sure hope they will get adding to this editor...

kQbmigrecord holder22/07/2014 12:40

You can scale models in this! I haven't tried compiling a map with it though.

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #309/08/2014 11:46(edited 09/08/2014 11:48)

If you want to check other alternatives to hammer check out Sledge. It's updated fairly often and is planned to work for source in the future. It currently has many features that hammer 4 has also for those familiar with source mapping.

Website: http://sledge-editor.com/
Discussion: http://twhl.info/forums.php?thread=18410

Played around with it a bit, some issues but it's looking very promising :)

Keo mapper09/08/2014 12:04

have they updated it lately?

fakan09/08/2014 14:03

so is it possible to build a complete map in any of those? If so is it really any better than using VHE ? because my VHE is being pain in the ass lately , I would love to switch into something more user friendly with more features and bug fixes

Keo mapper09/08/2014 14:31

EDiT: yes they've updated the program, but apparently i can't install the new update since my guard dog...*ahem*...Avast won't let me install it.

dEMolite mapper09/08/2014 17:54

here are other alternatives
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?346598.0#post_346685

the one which we should follow is: TrenchBroom
even with a small detoure we can work on goldsrc games with it.

spr1n mapper09/08/2014 19:56

Unfortunately they are holding back windows releases for some reason. Linux releases are great on the other hand and already better and faster than vhe in every way I believe, has fair amount of really useful new features as well. Another version is planned to ship this month afaik. Im falling in love with it tbh, though I dont like some configuration, so I had to make my own batch compiler for linux. Also it loads most to ram so there are some issues with excessive wad files.

Nice hammer Karli

Now that i have posted something quite relevant to the thread..:P

Spr1n,when your next map will come out?:D i see you posting around mapping discussion but no map from you in a long time :(
If you found this1 pretty fast and good,go again for a KZ map :D

tenkae mapper09/08/2014 20:15(edited 09/08/2014 20:23)

I really like that you can scale models in Jackhammer and how it shows the model shape/size in the 2D viewports. Also I noticed a single brush/object can be added to multiple visgroups.

might give this a shot next time I build a map

spr1n mapper09/08/2014 23:43

Originally posted by Spider1
Nice hammer Karli

Now that i have posted something quite relevant to the thread..:P

Spr1n,when your next map will come out?:D i see you posting around mapping discussion but no map from you in a long time :(
If you found this1 pretty fast and good,go again for a KZ map :D

I have a lot of old unfinished projects, so there is a possibility I may finish couple of those.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.