Do you still use Windows XP?

Started by Raptor 
25/06/2014 18:06
Page 1 of 1
Raptor 25/06/2014 18:06

Hi everyone! In the continuing quest to create the new version of KZMod, the question of whether or not to support Windows XP has come up. Although Windows XP has been discontinued by microsoft and is probably very insecure by now, if some people still use it, the new version of KZMod will support it. So, the question is, do you still play games using Windows XP? If so, please post. Thanks!

Note: If you still host server via Windows XP based OSs like Windows Server 2003, please post here, as I think this question affects you too. If worst comes to worst, I can provide compatible binaries for server ops, but it would be easier if we knew all this before hand!

neXt.record holder25/06/2014 18:19

no

Nokkan25/06/2014 20:13(edited 25/06/2014 20:17)

I don't use it to play games. Sometimes I use it in virtual machine to open outdated software.

random Tournament #325/06/2014 20:13

I do

Raptor 25/06/2014 21:21(edited 25/06/2014 21:21)

Alright random`, XP support stays in, thanks!

Coppenst25/06/2014 21:53

Yup, XP best ever! And so it Raptor for continueing KZmod!

Severely25/06/2014 22:32

yes

rawerecord holder Tournament #126/06/2014 02:03

I do too

PsYxOpAt mapper26/06/2014 09:41

I suggest to support WinXP for one more year and drop the support after that due to tall the security vulnerabilities that came out in the last few months.

ViDtam26/06/2014 12:27

I used to love xp, but I don't use it ;D

Raptor 26/06/2014 15:39

That's a good idea Stanimir. For now anyway, XP support stays in so everyone can play.

WeMeRA26/06/2014 21:56

No I don't.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #227/06/2014 02:29

XP was and always will be the best os ... grew up on it. I don't even want to hear about W 8.

Raptor, if only one guy uses it, you support kzmod on that version? Wow :) ... can't belive how much love you've put into this
As told already : if u need help with moviemaking issues, gimme a holla' (lol)

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP27/06/2014 08:33(edited 27/06/2014 13:59)

Indeed what a great attitude. And the id software, when they shifted quakelive to a standalone game, they took linux support off the consideration. I'm not sure how much this is relatable but crossed my mind instantly.

Not using XP for quite long and not going to.

spr1n mapper27/06/2014 13:18

sorry for offtopic, but ID never had considered linux seriously to begin with. mac and linux were listed there just because launcher was planned through web browser plugin which doesnt require system native game engine support. John Carmack have provided several controversial statements about linux, so there is no any related development on the horizon as it seems. All previous ID linux game ports are rather enthusiastic initiative of several employees, but ID itself doesnt provide any kind of support to those builds.

kzRaptor, I hope at some point you would try to compile linux version as well since sdk2007 and newer are available on this platform now. Feel free to contact me if you would need any help with that or just to test stuff.

beta133727/06/2014 15:32

i use xp for cs mostly, sometimes use win7 for other pc game
i think some players also prefer playing cs in xp

nobody^27/06/2014 21:31

Agree with Stanimir. :))

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.