Bunnyjumping right (the direction right)

Started by puppetz mapper
12/03/2007 00:31
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper12/03/2007 00:31

Hey all..

As I have said before I am noob, so be nice to me :D

I have discovered that I have huge problem with bunnyjumping right. I have learned to strafe in every bunnyjump, but only when I go straight or left!

In ex. kz_xj_mountez there is a floor with some bunnyjumpblocks that is going like a S(reversed), and where I have been trying to practice the right turn in it.
But it's really hard for me, 'cause I'm used to strafe like: A,D,A,D etc.. Is my problem that I have to learn a right strafe, to turn like that?

I actually can do a right-strafe when I'm trying a longjump, but not when bunnyjumping, I think it's because the last key I use in every bunnyjump is D, which is the same I should start with in a right-strafe(bunnyjump)? Right?

- PuppetZ^ :))
[ Edited ]

Fatalis12/03/2007 00:39

Make a demo so we can see what you're doing wrong.

Sprite mapper12/03/2007 05:37

i have the same problem when i bhop with A
Not a problem exactly
It's just a little harder for me than straight or right

puppetz mapper12/03/2007 16:16

@fatalis: Nah, I don't really like showing that for you all here on XJ :( . But if you don't get a bit I'm writing here, I guess I have to. :P

(Asking all here:) But how do you turn right or left when bunnyjumping? What strafe do you usually use? Right or left dependent? 'Cause I can't shift between left and right dependent in bunnyjumps. :confused:

A friend of mine says that he kind of do all strafes (when bunnyjumping) as left dependent. Still he can easily make that right turn when he bunnyjumps. He can't explain how. :E

Z0ck3rOO712/03/2007 18:30

simple make a demo and show us ur problem :)

DHT- Tournament #112/03/2007 18:38

Watch my sexy demo, and then you'll learn =)

nizheradze13/03/2007 07:52

lol or watch xecor's old demo on mountez(if someone still has it) oh and use circle strafes to do long bhop sections

puppetz mapper15/03/2007 23:33

I want it more precise than that. :P

You see, I have a problem with turning right when I bunnyjump. I DO the circle strafes and stuff, and that works great when I left-strafe the bhops..
But I want to know, what do you guys do, do you shift between left and right strafing? 'Cause I have been practicing that, and I find it very hard..

puppetz mapper18/03/2007 15:22

Ok, I have recorded a demo now. First in the demo I just show that I can't hold the speed after 4-5 blocks (the 180 turn). At the end I do the little shortcut, and show you that I can do it with no problems, when the blocks turn LEFT.
Hope you guys can see what I mean and help me with this problem.

Scary Tournament #218/03/2007 17:01

I'm just interrested, does the [DK] mean Denmark?

puppetz mapper18/03/2007 17:51

Ye.

Anarkan18/03/2007 18:41

humm.. i'm noob =p

puppetz mapper21/03/2007 23:48

Ok, well it seems like there's not really anybody who has got what I am talking about. And thanks for your stupid comment, Anarkan. :down:

I'm just gonna ask you guys a question, that could help me a lot. I would like to hear some answers from the pros also. :)

When you bunnyjump a long "run" like in clintmo_bhopwarehouse, where the blocks turn both left and right, do you ONLY use left strafes or right strafes, or do you shift between them, if ex. a right-strafe fits better to a specific jump?
Or said in another way:
While bunnyjumping, do you start every jump with a left OR right jump, or do you switch after what works best?

Hope you understand what I am talking about here...
Serious answers, please..

[ Edited Wed Mar 21 2007, 11:56PM ]

Volsfootball22/03/2007 00:02

Ok, your right puppetz, when you are going to jump to the right, you want to "more severely" move your mouse to the right but you still want to multistrafe. But yes, right strafing is better for right jumps vice versa. But, you still want to multistrafe on every jump if you can.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.