[Tutorial] How to: make SICK CAMPATHS!

Started by SzczupaK
10/08/2014 17:04
Page 1 of 1
SzczupaK10/08/2014 17:04

At the begging I would like to say that tutorial is not made by me.
I'm posting this tutorial here because its usefull to syncing the song with cams.
Also this tutorial contains:
- How to do campaths
- How to change view in campaths
- How to do smooth campaths without 3rd part programs



If you founded it usefull leave a like on authors channel.

Cookie4myself

Cobrex mapper Tournament #210/08/2014 18:21

My cams still don't move when I press play.
I need to re-open the .dem file in order to make a single campath:( seems like not most know the fix for this. Any help?

SzczupaK10/08/2014 19:14

I had the same problem as u cobrex and after the time I realized two fixes.

No.1 - You have to press esc ( close menu and console) before campath starts, so try to go back around 20-50 frames back so u have time to close it its not rly much coz it will gives you about to 2 seconds do to press start and exit the console.

No.2 - Check if spec_autodirector is check on 1. Sometimes even if it is. It get's buggy and u have to type it few times.

Those two problems happend to me I was thinking that somethings is wrong with my cs or my pc and they dont work. But after checking every single solution by myself i finded it.

Simply if you press goto and your camera is moving to the first campath view. Your spec_autodirector is fine, if its not type spec_autodirector 1 in console. If they work try to go back about 50-100 frames because u need to have everything closed (console,menu) before campath start.

So do campaths, check if ur spec_autodirector moves you to the first campath. if it does go back 100 frames. Press play and close console, menu as quick as possible.

Let me know if I helped u Cobrex :D

fakan10/08/2014 20:10

"How to do smooth campaths without 3rd part programs" how is that a smooth campath? it is not smooth it is basic sharp bad looking campath just with some velocity

SzczupaK10/08/2014 20:30

Maybe because campaths become sharp while u do one campath with few points. This is one by one so it's smooth also this way was posted on advancedfx.

fakan10/08/2014 20:33

i mean the one on video is not smooth man , do you even know what smooth means? the turns are sharp not smooth you can't get real smooth campath in 1.6 without using third party program like smoofofer or C4D

SzczupaK10/08/2014 20:34(edited 10/08/2014 20:36)

Just try it man!

Skizo_record holder10/08/2014 21:57

I love how you guys making these movies in vegas, but i'd never have enough patient for this ^^

SzczupaK10/08/2014 21:59

Haha, It takes some time but for example if u leaving capturing the frame while you leave home, and then rendering while u go sleep you dont even care about it xD

Cobrex mapper Tournament #211/08/2014 00:19

Originally posted by SzczupaK
...*words*...


Thnx for the fast response.
Well I couldn't get this problem fixed since 2009, but lately it got worse. Spec_autodirector 1 is set, I Go To the first campath, move backwards few frames, press play, exit the console fast and start capturing. This only works for the 1st time after I open the .dem file, afterwards nothing is possible anymore. Overusing/spamming spec_autodirector 1 just moves my first campath somewhere in the sky, outside the playable area of the map. I have to re-open the .dem file and start everything from beginning.

Tho, i've been experiencing something odd which happens totally random: if the campath does work after all the things I tried, when I start capturing, it stops moving. For example, if I "mirv_recordmovie_start" before the campath starts, the camera won't move(70% of the time). If I "mirv_recordmovie_start" after the campath starts, the camera stops moving(90% of the time).

Ryderc11/08/2014 00:26

Originally posted by Thread
[Tutorial] How to: make SICK CAMPATHS!


Campaths are cool, why do you want them sick ? :'(

SzczupaK11/08/2014 01:06

^It's how author called them coz its kind of different.

@Cobrex I have no idea then. Maybe try hlae on non-steam or steam if u are using non steam. Downloaded from advancedfx also try to update all programs requaired for it like net framework etc.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #211/08/2014 02:34

Everything is updated + I'm using steam's cs. If I use non-steam, i get some sort of error.

SzczupaK11/08/2014 03:43

try to use hlae for non steam in download section there is a 2009 source smthing I use IT

ndR moviemaker Tournament #211/08/2014 10:15

Originally posted by Cobrex
My cams still don't move when I press play.
I need to re-open the .dem file in order to make a single campath:( seems like not most know the fix for this. Any help?


Do you follow these steps?

dem_forcehltv 1
viewdemo xxx.dem
spec_mode 3
spec_autodirector 1
spec_mode 3 (once again)
Press 'jump' key once to be able to move freely with the cam
Set your first waypoint, set its flag value to '1'
Set your last waypoint
'Goto' the first waypoint
Go ~20 frames backward
Press 'play' and quickly hit 'escape'

It should be working this way.

ViDtam11/08/2014 16:04

This is my way of doing it...

dem_forcehltv 1
viewdemo
set all the points
make the 1st point with flag 1
bind f3 mirv_recordmovie_start
bind f4 mirv_recordmovie_stop
bind f5 dem_pause 0
bind f6 dem_pause 1
spec_mode 3
spec_autodirector 1
go to the 1st point and move 1-2 frames back
press escape
click f3 and than f5 and when u wish to stop recording press f4

EZ LIFE

fakan11/08/2014 16:24

Originally posted by ViDtam
This is my way of doing it...

dem_forcehltv 1
viewdemo
set all the points
make the 1st point with flag 1
bind f3 mirv_recordmovie_start
bind f4 mirv_recordmovie_stop
bind f5 dem_pause 0
bind f6 dem_pause 1
spec_mode 3
spec_autodirector 1
go to the 1st point and move 1-2 frames back
press escape
click f3 and than f5 and when u wish to stop recording press f4

EZ LIFE

bind F1 "dem_pause 0;mirv_recordmovie_start"
bind F2 "mirv_recordmovie_stop;dem_pause 1"
also bind mouse3 "dem_pause 0" for preview EZ life
pro tip: its better to play first-person demo first after starting hlae , and then disconnect , put dem_forcehltv 1 and run the demo again to get spectating working right and getting it actually centered on player

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.