KZMod 2.0 Mapping Tools Released
Hi everyone! Since there is quite a few people playing the alpha who aren't admins and can't see the forum I've been posting the build notes to (don't worry, the same information is in the changelog.txt in the kreedzclimbing folder), I'll post this here as it's a one off and won't be spamming the forums:
The .fgd for 2.0 is now complete, so mapping can begin! However, there is an extra goody coming with this, a new program I've created called LaunchHammerKZ. This program's purpose is to automatically set up hammer for KZMod mapping, so you don't need to do any path configuring yourself. It specifically does the following:
-> Launches hammer to create a default GameConfig if you haven't used SDK Base 2013's hammer before - You may see hammer start and instantly close, this is normal.
-> Backs up your GameConfig.txt to GameConfig.txt.kzbackup
-> Adds a KZMod section to your GameConfig, preserving any other mods and games already in the file.
-> Launches hammer in kzmod mode.
Assuming everything goes well, if you create a shortcut to the application, you can launch it and be ready to map for KZMod in under thirty seconds! If your GameConfig is already set up for kzmod, LaunchHammerKZ will still start hammer in kzmod mode.
If you aren't comfortable with using this program, I've also included manual setup instructions so you can configure hammer yourself, as well as troubleshooting information and a link to the mapping tutorials that SF made on Twitch.
==================
What mappers can expect now from this version:
-> All the latest functionality, like particle systems.
-> The latest functionality from Hammer and the latest map compile tools.
-> And all those other entity upgrades, combined with the KZMod entities!
The \maptools folder also includes all the example .vmf files from 1.2.
Please enjoy, if you are having any issues with the LaunchHammerKZ program, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.
To get the mapping files, please SVN Update the KreedzClimbing folder.
![]()
Hope to see some good looking and fun to play maps :)
Loved it, tested glass reflect entity and works fine.
Great
Also, everyone is welcome to play the alpha if they want, please send me a PM if you are interested.
is there working surf maps ill happily try it out
wurf
Go Mappers!
This is it, the release I was looking forward to.
Now everything is new and different :) ty & go mappers!
can anyone share some compiling tools for kzmod 2.0 (hammer source sdk 2013)? couldnt find TCG that Soulfather uses
You can use VBCT or Batch Compile for GUI Based options. If you are looking for the compiler files they are shipped with hammer and are called vbsp.exe, vvis.exe, vrad.exe and are stored in the hammer folder.
http://qsextreme.com/vbct/
http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=3
thanks
tcg compiler is in my dropbox and dl link is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57757632/TCG.rar
Just tested "LaunchHammerKZ" and it really was one button click to the mapping :)
Btw what about new hammer? Anything special older mappers should know? Do we need to use external compilers? Or the new hammer finally managed to fix its bullshit :D ?
I've tested Hammer using the "Run Map" dialog and the expert compile dialog, and you can do all you need. Maps do need to be compiled with HDR more on though to get it ingame. As for new hammer features, I'm not really a mapper so I can't say, but there are definitely new things the old hammer didn't have, one of them being "Radius Culling" (the circular R button) which improves FPS in the camera view apparently.
Please log in to post replies.