Decompile map protection.

Started by M!nn0W
17/03/2007 10:52
Page 1 of 1
M!nn0W17/03/2007 10:52

Hi Guys.
I have Question about undecompile map!
I want made map, what then somebody can't undecompile my map, how i can make it?

ichirou17/03/2007 10:58

M1nn0W:
If complie means to "build" the map, making it playable...
Then decompile means to "unbuild" it to make it work in the map editor again.

So... is undecompile the same as compile? "To build a decompiled map" :D

acidburn17/03/2007 11:07

Yeah nice double negation. :D I think you simply mean: decompile. So you don't want others to be able to modify it or check out how you did certain things, right?

I think this is not possible. There are many programs out there:

- BSP2MAP
- BSPViewer
- ...

that can decompile your map. However there are maps like "kzfr_longjumps" that for some reason fuck up BSP2MAP, but they can be decompiled with BSPViewer.

So I think there is no solution for this. :( Just like you can create a .FLA (FLASH) from a .SWF and you can create source files from an .EXE. However the .MAP files you get with that tools are not 1:1 what you did.

[ Edited Sat Mar 17 2007, 11:09AM ]

h1m1 mapper17/03/2007 11:07

well, you can't decompile kz_ maps with WinBsp, dunno other program which can decompile .bsp files :F

dEMolite mapper17/03/2007 14:05

u can h1m1 with other programs. WinBsp was the first decompile which didn't work perfectly.
But BSPViewer and BSP2MAP have the samen algorythmus.

maniac17/03/2007 15:19

sometimes u can't decompile maps...
there is maybe a lil trick but i dunno...

i heard something like that:
- open ur map with a hex-editor
- delete the path's of the textures

now u should get the error "Invalid Version" if u try to decompile.

dunno if it works.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #217/03/2007 15:33

Some Kreedz's maps are "undecompilable" :)

maniac17/03/2007 16:50

I made "undecompilable" maps, too.
but i dunno why :)

Volsfootball17/03/2007 21:32

lol, this is a very interesting thread actually. . .I would like to know if you actually could protect your map. :D

DaMp mapper17/03/2007 21:51

it isn't important to me i know my work and after i did it i publish it at xj or cg if someone copies my map i don't care about this because that is still my work .. and the map on xj or cg is the original map i've built

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.