Time of a jump

Started by JocA Banned
04/04/2015 12:52
Page 1 of 1
JocA Banned04/04/2015 12:52

Hello, i have one idea but i need a information of that, what is the time of player's jump (his time in air)? In my opinion its like 0.5sec, but here is too much programmers/scripters so can anybody say it? And yea i know, when you jump 255+ you will be longer in air, but i need this only for bhop maps so...

FAME04/04/2015 13:46(edited 04/04/2015 13:53)

While longjump you stay in air for ~0.73 sec, while stand-up bhop it's ~0.67 sec and while regular bhop it's ~0.63 sec.

Originally posted by JocA
And yea i know, when you jump 255+ you will be longer in air, but i need this only for bhop maps so...

Wrong, no matter which distance you got - 230 or 255, your airtime is the same all the time.

JocA Banned04/04/2015 18:43

hahaha thank you very much...my fault...i'm thinking of makking song for these maps, with only bhop..like cg_coldbhop...maybe it can be intresting when someone put it in ROTW or other run clips...how i calculate its ~90 bpm ... thanks again!

fame what about cj,dcj,scj, after cj and after scj?

rawerecord holder Tournament #104/04/2015 23:53

I only know that with all weapons it's the same time. If you jump 220 with AWP will be the same time as every LJ with knife.

JocA Banned05/04/2015 01:12

Originally posted by rawe
I only know that with all weapons it's the same time. If you jump 220 with AWP will be the same time as every LJ with knife.


To be honest, theres no logic, or im really stupid..:D

Jumping further means that you are faster which means that u'll land faster. This of course doesnt affect the jump distance because u have more speed too. At least this is how i can explain it to myself.

Krids17/08/2015 05:43

Originally posted by FAME
While longjump you stay in air for ~0.73 sec, while stand-up bhop it's ~0.67 sec and while regular bhop it's ~0.63 sec.

Originally posted by JocA
And yea i know, when you jump 255+ you will be longer in air, but i need this only for bhop maps so...

Wrong, no matter which distance you got - 230 or 255, your airtime is the same all the time.


I think that's the reason why sometimes we get this message
http://i.imgur.com/DSTA8eb.png

"YOU PRESSED JUMP TOO EARLY"

when we want to start bhop. that's because the first jump to a block is a longjump or a regular jump, and it has more time to land than the bhops. my assumption



FAME17/08/2015 13:16

"You pressed jump too early" message appears when you failed +jump command timing.

Here is how looks successful bhop:

Image
* FOG - frame(s) on ground

I jumped right in the moment with ground touch so I didn't lose any speed because of friction (considering the fact I had speed < maxspeed * 1.2, otherwise my speed would drop to (maxspeed * 1.2) * 0.8).

First example when you get "You pressed jump too early" message:

Image

The only difference between this and first screen is that I scrolled jump 1 frame before ground touch thus it didn't jump because I still was in air.

Second example with it:

Image

Here I had 1 +jump;-jump command right before ground touch as well, and even though I still made bhop due to 2nd +jump command it was failed because I had 2 frames with onground flag and lost some speed because of that.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.