2015 Tournament Problems
Hi everybody,
I want to apologize if there were some mistakes made during the Qualifier/Round 1 brackets.
However, all the information was given a week in advance regarding the maps, start times and brackets.
If the post says start time 1800 it's not joining at 1800 and then doing some warmup, it means that you are ready-to-go by that time.
The server was without password so everybody who needed to play could join and the IP address was available on Xtreme-Jumps website during the whole day + all the information.
Also the consequences are clear if you did not show up for the cup or withdrew during the 1 week before it starts, so keep this in mind!
If this still isn't enough and you want to blame somebody for something, you can blame ME!
I want to thank — and — for their support during the tournament and — for setting up the server!
I hope we can continue the tournament without delays and please read the information, download the maps you need and check the bracket!
Kind Regards,
—
Hello,
Just to clarify, there are some issues that not even Coppenst can fix, example, the HP "bug" at wallblock and firehouse.
Everygame on warmup both me and tidal, and sometimes Coppenst, spammed the chat and stream "don't press the start button otherwise you will lose HP boost" and everyone ignored it, we warned everyone so they wouldn't die and players still died! The person that should have been forgiven was throttle and I personally apology to him for that mistake in the very start, "thanks" to you we could warn the rest of the players but we couldn't let you pass because that would turn into a rematch and players that won could not win now and that would cause more revolution!
About NeW's case, NeW you were on the server for ages and it is not our fault your screen just went full rage and crashed. We understand that yet we can't do much because of the same scenario above, if we rematch when some players already won that will cause more revolution because if we had a rematch you could have won and others that won wouldn't. Get that please.
The rest of the cup was very nice and everyone was okay, I am happy that the players are following the rules and schedule (obviously there are always someone not doing but majority did).
Thank you Coppenst for the opportunity and good job to everyone, keep the good work coming and please, listen to us on the server.
Cheers,
zythH^
Everything is good expect the fact that kzsca_still was not uploaded on the server, you had 1 week to do it.
Otherwise everything was great, keep going and nice professional behaviour from you.
Worst organization of all XJ`s tournaments.
A lot of good players out in the qualifiers cause of HP Boost.
About NeW, his screen crashed before match started, so admin should have noticed that and stop the match (One more skilled player didn`t qualifier for the tournament).
About my match vs g-Lp, we dismissed the maps and the map which we had to play admin told us that he forgot to add this map and we played the map which I dismissed and didn`t practice..
Final match g-Lp vs ss, ss came from lower bracker and g-Lp didn`t have any advantages, well its okay, he lost 3-2 its kinda sad when something pushed him on the last map and admins didn`t do a rematch on this map, thats sucks srsly. Well, even if he lost 3-2 they have to play 1 more match, cause ss came from lower bracket and had a 2nd chance to play in this tournament and g-Lp didn`t.
GG
yea thats true that problem with hp boost... and i saw few players couldn`t connect like Zzz` and another problem with organization that i dont understand was , why we played in first day the qualifiers and round1+ lb 1 ... was to much for my first try in this tournament
http://xj.challonge.com/ru/tournament8 there is an example, how bracket should be, of XJ Tournament 2013
Originally posted by Toffifee[...] when something pushed him on the last map and admins didn`t do a rematch on this map.[...]
... and where is the proof, that "something" pushed him? ... i mean... we cant do a rematch just because a person tells us something like that. could have also been some hardware issue with his keyboard - we dont know.. or just a story. in the video you cant see that anything pushed him - it just looks like he pressed D
Originally posted by fragilityOriginally posted by Toffifee[...] when something pushed him on the last map and admins didn`t do a rematch on this map.[...]
... and where is the proof, that "something" pushed him? ... i mean... we cant do a rematch just because a person tells us something like that. could have also been some hardware issue with his keyboard - we dont know.. or just a story. in the video you cant see that anything pushed him - it just looks like he pressed D
Ye, but g-Lp had a 2nd chance to play, cause ss came from lower bracket
Originally posted by ToffifeeOriginally posted by fragilityOriginally posted by Toffifee[...] when something pushed him on the last map and admins didn`t do a rematch on this map.[...]
... and where is the proof, that "something" pushed him? ... i mean... we cant do a rematch just because a person tells us something like that. could have also been some hardware issue with his keyboard - we dont know.. or just a story. in the video you cant see that anything pushed him - it just looks like he pressed D
Ye, but g-Lp had a 2nd chance to play, cause ss came from lower bracket
this is another thing - i only answered regarding this "something pushed him" story
Ye, this one is really weird.
Coppenst, I know that u don`t have the experience at this job, so I`m just saying, that it was not successful tournament. Just keep in mind all these mistakes and improve them next time.
it makes for a less exciting final if a team/player has a map advantage. having to play in lower bracket and risk elimination is punishment enough
Hello guys,
I would like to present my thoughts about this tournament.
At first, admins, who started and run this cup are not as experienced as others, yet they organised this event to us, XJ community members. Who of you complaining here did something in past year for tournaments? We all are grateful for your effort!
There were some mistakes, which I expect will not happen in future, but there were also some moments when PLAYERS blamed admins even when it was clearly their fault. Here are some inconveniences I encountered in this tournament:
- kz_kzsca_still - admin fault, bad solution of playing dismissed map*HP booster - admin fault (some players lost) + player fault (considering my case, i blame myself :D)
Regarding finals:
I will move straight to the last map, last jump; glp stopped, who knows why, on the "just go (jump)" which was right afterwards punished by pushing the wrong key and throwing out 50 dollars. There is no lag, no slap, just a missed prestrafe. That happens often, no big deal. I believe he learned from it and he wont hesitate on such a "jump" next time. I am sorry for glp anyways. He deserved it more than me yesterday when I dont consider the accusations of buying admins etc..
Remember the kz_kzsca_mineblock_ez in semifinals, when the run to the hp booster cost me 6 seconds, which would make a crucial difference in the end. These things simply happen sometimes.
Regarding the idea of advantage for one player:
Racional thought of a fair final is ballanced opportunities for all players. This is secured by amount of maps played.
The second thing is the way of getting to the finals. Kraeft is absolutely right:
Originally posted by Kraeftit makes for a less exciting final if a team/player has a map advantage. having to play in lower bracket and risk elimination is punishment enough
See you in the next tournament, I really hope admins wont loose motivation because of haters and continue to make these events for those who appreciate it!
Originally posted by shooting-starThere is no lag, no slap, just a missed prestrafe. That happens often, no big deal. I believe he learned from it and he wont hesitate on such a "jump" next time.
It was not a missed prestrafe, I was not even trying to go forward to the vent, if you look closely you'll see that I'm going to the right and behind me (esp obvious when you see the movement when I fall), like if I was doing "S + D". Actually at no time I pressed D, I was doing A all time.
[censured] I was mad.
I won't argue with anyone but agree with some points.
kzsca_still was INDEED A BIG FAIL, we already did apology for it...
About the HP booster was a fail from us YET (PAY ATTENTION), I was warning EVERYONE, SPAMMING CHAT with "DON'T PRESS START BUTTON EITHER WAY YOU WON'T HAVE HP BOOST" yet most of players pressed the button and then, boom, they died. In fact, the only player I feel sorry for that hp boost is throttle, the rest of the players were just being ridiculous towards our warnings about hp boost, both me and tidal warned this on server and stream, if you didn't "listen" it wasn't our bad at all.
The tournament is not Coppenst's job at all yet he did it, he did put tons of efforts on this, give him some credit for doing a job that should be done by others, I am not saying to ignore the mistakes but at least give him some credits because Coppenst did a great job and he is still doing.
Noticing players about HP boost isn't enough and it doesn't make any excuses about this case. It had to be fixed immediately after qualification because even after these matches players kept disregarding to askings not to write /start and lots of good players even didn't pass the qualify or didn't won battle just because of this problem.
i fixed it on the next day - sorry for that. i wasnt at home on saturday.
Please log in to post replies.