Mapping

Started by xiller
22/03/2007 21:52
Page 1 of 1
xiller22/03/2007 21:52

So I know the kz-community for a few years now, but I quited climbing like a year ago or so. Because I was just tired of it :P But now I decided to start mapping for the jump community :D , however my only experience on mapping so far are just some bomb-defuse maps etc. Now I was wondering if anyone could give me some good tips, to make a jump map. Like should I make a drawing first etc. and also some things I should deffinitely not do. I know this sounds vague, but just reply with any information you've got, I would really appreciate that.

P.S: I already checked all the guides/tutorials in the mapping sector



[ Edited ]

Z0ck3rOO722/03/2007 22:04

wrong forum section :/
[ Edited Thu Mar 22 2007, 10:05PM ]

Volsfootball22/03/2007 22:07

Ya, func_wall all the jumps, null everything that is unseen (you know), no mapping in the 1 unit grid, and just be creative with the jumps and use the vertex tool, kz likes scenery if you haven't noticed.

xiller22/03/2007 22:29

thx volsfootball, zocker sorry if this is the wrong forum section, but it says : talk here about everything related to the big kz world, including about maps.

Murvelman22/03/2007 22:33

What KZ needs is more creative maps :D

xiller22/03/2007 22:46

I have a lot of good ideas *I think* :P, to make a creative map. But I first need to work this out properly, so that costs a lot of time. But the good news is I have a lot of spare time next month, so I'll probably try to make a good start by then.

acidburn23/03/2007 09:13

I think you should make a drawing first. Maybe create a "mindmap" based on your topic to get even more good ideas what to put into your map.

DaMp mapper23/03/2007 13:37

first try to build a playable blockmap than try to build a map with fantasy... learn that jumps aren't jumps every jump should have his own character... i think copied jumps are bad so build every jumps new and creative...

rdbok23/03/2007 17:58

why would u func_wall everything..

DaMp mapper23/03/2007 18:35

i don't func_wall because of the shadows ...

But.. func_walls removes possible light bugs and it increases the fps.

DaMp mapper23/03/2007 19:51

ye i know but at some maps that doesn't fit together...

true :)

dEMolite mapper24/03/2007 03:58

when u now cs mapping or hl mapping so then u don't need to ask forwards how to start a map.

then make map now.

Volsfootball24/03/2007 15:43

I use func_wall to speed up Leaf Thread. It went from 34000 seconds to 600 seconds when I made every jump a func_wall, thats me, and the obvious reasons.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.