Server .res and model issues
Hi. The server I happen to administrate has 1335 maps and 1200 or so of the map .res files have sizes around 25kb which isn't normal. When I open one of the .res files it has a few slashes on the first line "//////////" followed by several thousands of empty lines and at the bottom of the file can be found the actual text lines that allow the server to sent the necessary files to the client. This makes the .res file useless. What can I do to fix this?
The other issue is that if the server is running for a while, some of the models that you can pass trough them start to have clipping around them, and sometimes it happens that the whole map is bound by clipping and the players can't move without noclip. The only way to temporally fix this is to restart the server. Do you know any permanent fix?
This happens on both servers that I happen to administrate and each one uses a different hosting service provider.
The same thing, but I have 4500 maps.
There is a special software for the creation of .res files.
Yet, sometimes it does not create the correct file.
Where have you downloaded the maps/res files for the servers and what mods are you running?
You can create .res files for the maps with this tool: http://gamebanana.com/tools/4777 you can make them even without it, but that's up to you. The other problem seems like a plugin bug to me
Please log in to post replies.