kz_sandblock

Started by puppetz mapper
28/03/2007 23:41
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper28/03/2007 23:41

Hello out there.. Have a couple of questions to the map kz_sandblock..

1. I have taken a screenshot of some bhop I simply gave up, it was impossible to me, to see how that should be done. Though, I watched T3d's demo multiple times after that to see the trick, but when I do it, I just bump the head into a little block over me.
The jump: http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/885/kzsandblock0001zk1.png

So, how do you do that jump? If you can explain it to be, that would be great. I think I have tried all methods..

2. There's also a hard longjump I only have done once with Scout, it took me like half an hour :o. And yes I am n00b, not very much into strafing and stuff.
Do any of you guys know how many units this jump is?
Here it is: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9375/kzsandblock0002en0.png

-PuppetZ^

draken-29/03/2007 00:09

1. You have to duck when you make the bhop so that you don't bang your hat at the upper stone.
2. there is a much harder longjump on stage 8 or something like that. :E
[ Edited Thu Mar 29 2007, 12:10AM ]

Volsfootball29/03/2007 01:26

lol, i suggest you stop playing one of the hardest maps when you have to jump most of the map with a scout, try to jump the easier maps to increase your strafes

puppetz mapper29/03/2007 12:47

Have I said anywhere that I did most of the map with Scout?

ichirou29/03/2007 12:59

]Have I said anywhere that I did most of the map with Scout?

PuppetZ^ [DK

You didn't :)
/slap Volsfootball

1. As above said, it's a duck bhop. But to reach the upperpart there you have to use standup bhop I think, I never make it myself :D I always go directly to the ground on that part :)

2. It's 240... but the longjump in the first "room" is harder for me, even if it's shorter (because of the wall that's so damn close).

thopa29/03/2007 14:11

No need for standup bhop. Its enough with a leftstrafe just before/during you bhop. If you get too close the wall the risk that you bang your head is much bigger, so try to bhop as far to the left you can..

Do some checkpoint practise and youll get it. But i promise you that the scenario is totally different when you climb the map w/o cp, minor mistakes, and meet that sc. Its a scary lottery, but fun. :)

puppetz mapper29/03/2007 15:14

Ok, I have made that duckbunnyjump a couple of times now, but far from everytime, so practice is the key, as in all other jumps. :P
It isn't weird that I coulden't do that longjump with USP/knife, since my LJ record is 237 with those :(
But ye, the longjump on stage 9 is also very hard, but that didn't take me just as many tries. :)
Thanks for the answers.

Volsfootball30/03/2007 00:33

Originally posted by PuppetZ^ [DK
]Have I said anywhere that I did most of the map with Scout?

ichirou

You didn't :)
/slap Volsfootball


I only have done once with Scout. I think that means he did the map with a scout if he couldn't do that jump. But that is just my assumption, im probably wrong.

z00m!30/03/2007 10:37

The first jump is ez for me :P

insen mapper30/03/2007 15:10

#1
u have to strafe to the left side so that u cant hit the block above you
then strafe back to the wall and simply duckjump

#2
240 units imo

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.