FPS issues
So I used to get constant 99.5 or 100.5 fps till like a month ago. Then I got a driver update for my GPU 940mx (its not a gaming laptop) and the steam update too a while ago. Since then my fps keeps fluctuating from 100 to 90s to even 80s sometimes, and it's just way harder to strafe or play kz/hns cuz the game kinda feels like it's running in slowmo iykwim? Any solutions.
Ps: my vsync is off, laptop turned to high performance in power settings. I used these two to fix my fps issues earlier but they ain't working anymore.
Also, I downgraded my driver back to the one which gave me 100 fps but still it's not working. Please help
I had a similar issue. Uninstalling the current driver (restart), let windows download the one it installs by default for the gpu (restart) fixed it for me. It seems you did that manually by tracking your old one, try the same but this way.
i had same issue in my asus laptop and i've done some fixes and now my fps is constant only my lan. when i join public server it starts fluctuating
wat i've changed is : i lowered the power consommation by the processer from 100% to 60% (u can find this in power management option).
also to get constant fps in lan i have to open cs and close until i find constant fps by luck (usualy 2,3 times).
i duno what to do i think a have virus in my pc. I also asked a friend who play cs in laptop and told me laptop are shity for gaming it cant handle long periode with good quality.
i miss my old pc (bureautique) its fuking old 1gb nvidia, 2gb ram but fps never drops by 1 frame in any fuking map for hours.
Originally posted by MGPI had a similar issue. Uninstalling the current driver (restart), let windows download the one it installs by default for the gpu (restart) fixed it for me. It seems you did that manually by tracking your old one, try the same but this way.
what driver are you talking about pls explain need help
usually laptops have 2 video cards, check in Nvidia control panel that hl.exe is set to run on Nvidia card. Also turn off / to minimum all video settings for cs, in Nvidia control panel.
@Fuzzy1 yep that's not the issue, I'd created optimal settings for hl.exe a while ago
Can any specific config actually help with FPS boosting? Also, launch options, reducing full screen to half (?), Lowering resolution, etc
@MGP I'm not sure if I know what you mean exactly, so any link or tutorial as to how it can be done?
@fuerza I get good FPS on LAN, not many issues there, but when I join online servers, FPS starts acting up.
Please log in to post replies.