Some kind of toon map ( update VI )

06/04/2007 13:22
Page 1 of 3

Well i started yesterday painting a idea i came up with while listening to a song from FF IX :D

Name: ?
Current climb time: ?
Status: ?

I've made 7 images in paint so far :P
Download here: http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/fantasy_paint.rar

Also started to play with it in hammer today.. its a little hard to make it look good :P
Image here: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3302/fantasyhamac4.jpg


Update I ( 08.04.07 )
Made some new textures and made some more mountains :)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1962/fantham2kg2.jpg

Update II ( 10.04.07 )
Here are some ingame images from the spawn room and the first room. I'm aware about the texture bugs ;)

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasy0000ui8.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasy0001rq9.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasy0002yh5.jpg

Update III ( 14.04.07 )
The second room is finished, just some details to add etc :) Fixed the lightning ;P

Spawn room:
http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0000.JPG
First room:
http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0001.JPG
Second room:
http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0002.JPG
http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0003.JPG

Update IV ( 17.04.07 )
The third room are going well :P Its not from the image that i painted, i suddenly came up with this idea :)

http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0007.JPG
http://www.home.no/chrizz0r/projects/fantasy/ingame/fantasy0008.JPG

Im gonna make som forest textures to have around this area :) At least try xD

Update V ( 01.10.07 )
Woahh.. 6 months since last update(!).. Started to work on it again today and not much added but mainly i just wanted to tell you guys that the project isnt dead ;D

Added some apples hanging from the big tree, and a new room where you jump over trees in a tight area.
Here's some images:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6219/fantasy0000uo1.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/9781/fantasy0001wn3.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9093/fantasy0002fp2.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3291/fantasy0003je5.jpg

There you go :) I still have to make the textures to have around the big tree..

Update VI ( 06.10.07 )
Nothing much new but build some more on the "jumping over trees" room and added a rope that swings to the house. Also made a simple texture to the tree but it looks ok, so done know what to do about it :p Also made a leaf texture that turned out ok, I just added these 2 new textures to the big tree to see how it turned out.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7071/fantasy0004ey7.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2739/fantasy0005hc2.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8088/fantasy0006ut9.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/852/fantasy0007hf5.jpg

[ Edited ]

1337ard06/04/2007 16:39

looks nice

do u allways paint out your ideas first?

No, this is the first time I've used paint ;D

I have drawn a bhop map before tho :)

stinnZ mapper06/04/2007 16:48

look nice,

it is always nice to climb a toon map don't know why :)

rinkon mapper07/04/2007 00:49(edited 26/07/2015 11:21)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

BooLiSH07/04/2007 01:41

nice paint skills^^^how long did you need to draw them-...

looks nice i like those maps ;)

keep up the work...

s0liD mapper07/04/2007 08:29

yes chrizzy this looks like candy land or sumthing it looks pretty delicious hehe.. keep it up i like it a lot =) <3

thx for the feedback :P

rinkon: add me to msn if you have(ook in my profile), cause thats the only way to contact me atm :(

rinkon mapper07/04/2007 12:50(edited 26/07/2015 11:19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Volsfootball07/04/2007 20:00

Yumm, looks good chrizzy

Updated it a little with some new textures :)

stinnZ mapper08/04/2007 15:27

it looks better but I would like to see more complicated water than just plane blue

PrEn1uMz08/04/2007 15:48

look nice :)

it looks better but I would like to see more complicated water than just plane blue

stinnZ


I will make a new water texture ;) Made that texture wuick just to see what it lookked like, takes some time to make the textures :P

[ Edited Sun Apr 08 2007, 04:41PM ]

soul v2.0 mapper08/04/2007 16:55

There'd better be many corners to shoot, otherwise I will stab you in the face with a pen!

Looks nice as always <3 go make a wrestling map next tbh :d

Hmm, dont really know how to make the water texture :/ But ill keep trying :)
Made some new improvements with the mushroom texture and grass texture.. Also made a second rock texture and start and banner textures :P And added a waterfall :D

stinnZ mapper09/04/2007 19:46

I think that nobody would blame you if you will take water texture from another toon map ;) ;)

www.fpsbanana.com has lot of toon maps

you can use textract to get textures from the map :)

Murvelman09/04/2007 19:58

Nice paintwork :D

stinnZ: Takes so much time to look through the maps :F

Updated with some ingame images :)
[ Edited Tue Apr 10 2007, 09:29AM ]

stinnZ mapper10/04/2007 13:49

yes I know I think you solved the problom with the water great =)

But have you tried to have the candy white and red ?

I think it will be nicer ;)

Good Luck I´m waiting exited for the map =)

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.