[Linux] mwheeldown/up also triggers mouse4/mouse5
Today I installed steam and cs 1.6 on ubuntu 18.04.
My problem is that using mouse scroll randomly triggers mouse4/mouse5 and ignoring the scroll tick. The problem isn't just me: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1686 however the solution is hard and didn't even work for me. In some other thread people talked about how xorg-server patch from 2016 created this issue and still isnt solved in 2019. I dont know exactly how to patch packages without breaking my system so i didnt risk it.
My current workaround is to also bind mouse4 +jump, bind mouse5 +duck but that doesnt fix scroll in other areas outside of movement (console..)
If somebody knows an easy fix or better workaround please tell me.
Alright so I just fixed it by renaming libSDL2-2.0.so.0 to libSDL2-2.0.so.0.old, effectively removing it and forcing cs to use default lib. Dont ask me why I dismissed that as a possible solution, maybe because I couldn't believe that valve would pack a fucking broken lib with their game. Im going to test further and see if this, in fact, works properly. Thanks for reading.
Please log in to post replies.