kz_kzsca_oasis – fykseN shortcut?

Started by jack frog
05/02/2019 00:48
Page 1 of 1
jack frog05/02/2019 00:48

Can someone enlighten me what kind of bug this is? After a few attempts I managed to do it. Seems like a slide shortcut. Is it because of this buggy map or does that technique work on other maps too?

And how the heck did you find that one, fykseN? lol that is brilliant

Chichin mapperrecord holder05/02/2019 01:01

It's called pixelwalk. My understanding is that it happens when 2 walls are connected, where 1 wall is world brush and 2nd wall is an entity (func_wall). tl;dr It's just another collision detection bug in the game's engine.

jack frog05/02/2019 01:10

Thanks for the quick response! Ah I see, something like on kz_sola? Wouldn’t there be footsteps audible or something though?

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #105/02/2019 01:21

I believe kz_sola is just a wall wrongly positioned, so it is standing 1 pixel off of the other wall so you can walk on it. This bug is way different, it's the same than the one at the beginning of hfr_hb_toffifee

rawerecord holder Tournament #105/02/2019 02:22

Isn't it he same as kzblt_dx_blueshadow where you gotta duckbhop previously and slide the wall while crouched?

Juice05/02/2019 08:27

Originally posted by ChiChiN
It's called pixelwalk. My understanding is that it happens when 2 walls are connected, where 1 wall is world brush and 2nd wall is an entity (func_wall). tl;dr It's just another collision detection bug in the game's engine.

That's pretty much it. But I wanna add that 'entity' wall has to be positioned on top of world brush.

Originally posted by rawe
Isn't it he same as kzblt_dx_blueshadow where you gotta duckbhop previously and slide the wall while crouched?

Yes, the same bug was used in shooting-star's runs on kz_kzfr_mariocastle as well.

Commandeer mapper05/02/2019 08:28

I found this bug the hard way years ago when I noticed you could skip my whole deathrun map using it :(

And yeah it's like chichin and juice explained it.

fykseN mapperrecord holder Tournament #105/02/2019 08:42(edited 05/02/2019 08:43)

It was done before here

I've been trying spacehop pixelwalk for a while now but seems like it's impossible.

Hardbitter wtf are you doing trying new scs without cp-gc by going backwards?DONT :-D

rip Commandeer's map :(

not to be completely offtopic, cool sc on oasis fykseN!
it could be a cool thingy to place by a mapper somewhere to sneak in a skip :P

GoldenNinja05/02/2019 21:13

This bug has been found a long ago, i don't know why u made this thread at all XD

jack frog06/02/2019 01:04

I don’t follow the scene regularly and it was new to me :p

I like how this thread developing, interesting discussions!

rawerecord holder Tournament #106/02/2019 01:52

Originally posted by Trajko
This bug has been found a long ago, i don't know why u made this thread at all XD


Stop being a jerk bro

GoldenNinja06/02/2019 10:31

Originally posted by jack frog
I don’t follow the scene regularly and it was new to me :p

I like how this thread developing, interesting discussions!

Glad u know now, feel free to ask whatever u're interested into =)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.