Prestrafe Info (For The Noobs)
I recently returned to climbing and was astounded to find I couldn't longjump more than about 225 units. After more and more practice I was able to get to high 220's and maybe an occasional 230. Then I remembered prestrafe and kept trying and trying and it didn't seem to let me go above 225 or so unit jumps. However, after careful contemplation as to how I ever jumped 247 units before my break and yet more practice, I figured it out and just hit 240 units in a 15 minute practice period.
The key to the prestrafe is to hold your w+d or w+a while running on a block as usual but most importantly to turn smoothly past the corner you're facing until you face directly forward as you do your jump at the very end of the block.
I know it may seem stupid or obvious to many people here but it is jsut a helpful tip for any noobs who may have questions or have been stumped as I recently was.
So you mean at the beginnig of the way I walk with w+d I should look further than 90° to the direction forward?
But the curve I walk with w+d is not the hole 90° right?
Sounds helpfull, for me cuz I just teached myself prestrafing by watching demos and I never was sure if I'm doing it right because my LJ-Record w/o prestrafe was 241 Units and now with a prestrafe it's only 242 Units. (With the difference that I needed 7 strafes for the 240 and 241 w/o the prestafe and with it things like 239 Units are possible with a doublestrafe :D )
hope I'm doing it right...
and, good idea with this "prestrafe tips for the noobs^^"
[ Edited Sat Apr 07 2007, 09:01AM ]
You start at one end of your starting block facing slightly before the opposite corner. Press your w+d or w+a and smoothly move your mouse right or left accordingly but don't stop until you end up facing your target block completely straight forward then do your jump and strafing.
Hope that helps.
If you really don't get it, just watch a lot of LJ demos. . .
If you really don't get it, just watch a lot of LJ demos. . .
that's how i learnt to do them ;]
Please log in to post replies.