Possible jump @ icevalley?

Started by puppetz mapper
08/04/2007 23:02
Page 1 of 2
puppetz mapper08/04/2007 23:02

Hey all, I know this jump seem impossible, but I am wondering how high (in units) this jump is and how high it is possible to duckjump. So, you guys that have that plugin that can tell length and high, can you tell me?

This jump might be possible in some way. And if not, just forget it.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6426/kzj2sicevalley0000cz4.jpg

Thanks.


[ Edited ]

ufui08/04/2007 23:14

impossible :)

ndR moviemaker Tournament #208/04/2007 23:18

It's possible, I already did it :)
Just find yourself the way to do it :D
I won't tell it cuz' it isn't funny ;P

gl hf.

trb08/04/2007 23:19

long ago tried too

and i say
possible

but not when jump from ducking

the problem is
when u stand up u will surf down
if u could stand there then it should be possible i think
but the thing is
how to do to make a very short time u can stand there for a jump

for me self
i think there MUST be a trick to manage this jump
but still didn't found ^^

puppetz mapper08/04/2007 23:23

Ye, gotta practice it. :) 'Cause this jump skips like half of the map, and would make an incredible time for this map. Have you made it many times, ndR? :D

ndR moviemaker Tournament #208/04/2007 23:24

I don't remember exactly... 2-3 times, maybe more.

puppetz mapper08/04/2007 23:27

Okay, doesen't seem like anything someone can do with timer, but still, if you (just someone, that can manage this)are maybe 5 tries about it, it will still get a WR, if you climb the rest as good as zhady.

EDIT: But ofc, that would make a bad demo. No one wants to watch a dude trying a hard jump many times, but it could sure get a WR. I think I would prefer the other way still, but a cool jump to show of f :D
[ Edited Sun Apr 08 2007, 11:36PM ]

sbzvln Tournament #208/04/2007 23:56

wrong topic

BooLiSH09/04/2007 00:08

sbz spam :D?

ye it's a nice jump, i tryed it two, but thought it's impossible, but if ndR says he did it i believe him.. .wil try to do it... ;)

Joko09/04/2007 00:09

is it possible to stand-up bhop on that small edge??

z1009/04/2007 00:13

don`t think so

Arokh09/04/2007 12:22

I've tried this alot of times and got it with the scout once.. You have to jump against the angle of the start button to increase your heigth and strafe out to catch the very corner of the top.

Scary Tournament #210/04/2007 14:47

Haha that SC is just lovely!!! Great !

ScooteR10/04/2007 15:44

ive tried it too but never thought it was possible
when someone pwnz it post a demo
and Arokh post a screen with the things u said explained on it pls

CranzY10/04/2007 20:04

Yeap new for me :D But i've never tried this sc :) If someone made this sc and after that a perfect run ... I'll just say : WOW !?

DHT- Tournament #110/04/2007 22:01

Haha that SC is just lovely!!! Great !

scary


1. it totally sux.. destroying the cool bhops and hard sc.
2. doesn't seem to be possible

BooLiSH10/04/2007 22:45

would like to know if it was planned by the mapper :)

Arokh11/04/2007 09:11

Scooter - I'll get a screen up a little later .. but basicly i stood on the lower part of the button, ran along-side it untill almost the edge where i jumped and strafed against the slope of the button, strafed left and then back right to get the corner that angles downwards ..

This was with a scout and without the intention of actually making it, i was just fooling around on the Phoogi server waiting for the map to change and did it. If it's actually possible with the usp/knife, it'll take alot of trys for a demo.

stinnZ mapper11/04/2007 12:46

I did it once on xj server with usp you can get really nice time there if you make it becouse you can start the timer again and again.

After I did it I went to new game trying to geek this sc but didn't get it, I thought it was maby error on the server but who knows maby someone will make it in wr demo =)

faker mapper11/04/2007 14:00

blablabla guys... this one is impossible.

Show me a demo to prove the opposite.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.