kztw_SuHua_Highway [Updated 8/8/2020]
Hello, Finally I've finished my latest work.
I really like some kind of classic maps & stairs like kz_xj_mountez, raver_omg0_crazystairs.
Sometimes I would go hiking trail in real life and I just got a cool idea.
"Why not put them together and make it playable?"
So I made this map and features Taiwan's famous road : SuHua Highway.
-GOOGLE MAP LINK-
about map :
This map have 2 ways could finish.
Routes : Climb way / stairs way
Difficulty: Easy / Basic
Average time to finish it :
Climb way route - about 1:20
Stairs way - about 20s
Screen shots :





Fixed some visual glitch & leaks.



------
DOWNLOAD
------
Hope you guys like nature. protect our Earth.
Hope this map will be added to XJ's mappool
Become the first mapper in Taiwan who join the XJ mappol.
And sorry for my bad English. :)
Nice idea to put real life locations into a map. Gj
The map looks pretty good, gj!
Edit:
im gonna nitpick a little bit
fix all wood textures that have wrong alignment (rotate it so the planks go parallel with the edges):
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1478822584566383095/B968660872AC616DE193B487991FFFCE4DF2F1F2/
some small visual problems here:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1478822584566398796/760233AF65F0E058E684D0F4AF13019A60289E28/
Looks definetly interesting.
can't wait =)
hopefully it makes it to the officials list, looking good
looks great, can imagine the hard work involved
all the best!
Originally posted by ChichinThe map looks pretty good, gj!
Edit:
im gonna nitpick a little bit
fix all wood textures that have wrong alignment (rotate it so the planks go parallel with the edges):
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1478822584566383095/B968660872AC616DE193B487991FFFCE4DF2F1F2/
some small visual problems here:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1478822584566398796/760233AF65F0E058E684D0F4AF13019A60289E28/
Thanks for ChiChin found some map issues! Now these issues may solved!
Hi all.
Thanks for pointing those out, chichin.
I have some more feedback for you, sir.
The staircase route does not fit the rules for map submission (you can find the rules in submit maps page). We also do not accept stairs maps. I suggest you make a separate stairs map for Cosy (first ask around there if they even accept such maps in 2020) and delete the route from this one.
You will also have to align some of the textures ( https://imgur.com/a/scPUwdC - these are just an example, there’s much more of them).
Replace skybox with a different one or work out a solution for this issue - https://imgur.com/a/7jsFcWf
You can stand in the air here plus there’s an invis teleport to the start https://imgur.com/a/Rg6vqdn
No HP booster in the map (this is not an issue, I am just not sure if it's intentional).
Your trees are disappering from the map https://imgur.com/a/RATEDBF
Also - we accept nudity to some extent, but you have gone too far (we discussed this with the CEO). You will have to blur the "wee-wee" parts out or reduce the cringe with a different picture / gif.
Overall, nicely done map, especially for your first attempt of making an XJ map, we love to see that. Looking forward to the update. If you need help with something, let us know.
Please log in to post replies.