kz_pegasus_d

Started by SadPuppy mapper
10/09/2020 19:21
Page 1 of 1
SadPuppy mapper10/09/2020 19:21

Greetings!

This map is coming to an end slowly, so I thought I would share some screens with you all. Also, I would like to pass along a few words from an anonymous tester (with permission):

"Man why do you have to be like this..? Have some mercy on our souls! I had a nightmare when I went to sleep after playing it. Fucking brutal. Must be quite an accurate representation of hell. I'm yet to complete Area Seven. Those "Ask Einstein" parts gave me a headache, can't figure them out. Too bad my ouija board is missing... Hollywood_x is childs play compared to this. I don't really enjoy extreme maps, as you can guess, but as far as they go, this one is great and it got me hooked."

....and then....

"Well, what can I say, I just hide when I make love with the lady, you know, the slower the run, the longer the fun… ;D

But I can’t seem to keep going. I’ve got no will power to push through the hardship, as it proves to be more difficult than I imagined it would be. How do I keep the passion? I feel like in each Area there should be a big well with the sharpest spikes at the bottom, which you could jump into and have yourself punctured into oblivion after what would seem like an infinite fall. However, that would make the struggle to endure even harder than it already is, I presume.

It’s too extreme for me, which I dislike, but the ambience is truly fascinating, makes me wish I was able to play better. All those boxes and the spinning, flying blocks, it’s like you’re in this alien base, strange and uncanny, beneath these thic red clouds that look like a boiling ocean of blood, the reflection of which is right at your feet, and although you find yourself on this red floor, it is definitely no bed of roses. I like this balance between the oldschool HJ blocks and those novel tricky jumps, I and enjoyed the bhop parts, but It’s all just too extreme for me, there is a lot of “I wouldn’t be able to do that shit to save my life” kind of jumps, lots of places I would absolutely hate to fail in a run, and I just loath the grinding it requires, because it prevents me from getting into a state of flow. I would never try to record it, obviously, but I’d love to see someone’s record there."

Enough said...here are some screens...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

JocA Banned10/09/2020 20:01

Looks really interesteng on screenshots! I like your old school style of mapping, keep it rocking!

rampLrecord holder10/09/2020 20:53

it looks great from the screens

GoldenNinja15/09/2020 01:08

Hey SadPuppy, you should make a new version of kz_unicorn!

SadPuppy mapper17/09/2020 18:51

Hey Trajko,

kz_pegasus is basically kz_unicorn but made for public play. That is, you follow a path of teleporters instead of choosing freely which hangar to go next to. It is approximately the same skill level as kz_unicorn as well. That map is uploaded to XJ already actually.

There will be an easy version as well, kz_pegasus_ez

And, ofcourse, there will be this slightly hard version of the map!
The other two are pretty similar to kz_unicorn, but the death one has a lot of different jumps..and a new sound track. And another (red) color scheme... =)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.