light environment doesnt work

Started by r0fl
11/04/2007 22:57
Page 1 of 1
r0fl11/04/2007 22:57

yeah, antoher stupid problem :D

i know how to do it, i mean i got normal white light bulbs to work (light) just not the yellow sun (light_environment) and i got no idea why..

Pf0llz0r mapper11/04/2007 23:56

light_environment uses the sky-texture to emit light, u need to have a sky where u want the light_environment to work

r0fl12/04/2007 00:05

i do have a sky, its city.

and theres light environment right below it

heres a picture

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8975/fdsgdfhfhsj5.jpg

this mapping stuff is nothing but problems :D

or theres really something wrong with my hammer, maybe i could of set it up wrong?

Fatalis12/04/2007 00:28

Are you using zhlt?

r0fl12/04/2007 00:36

yeah

stinnZ mapper12/04/2007 01:32

can you whow picture of the map after you have compile
and also a picture of the properties of the entity ?
I think no one here at this side can see the future the past or inside your .rfm so a bit more information would help others to solve your problem :)

r0fl12/04/2007 02:26

ok now im really confused, i made a normal white bulb for testing, the whole map became slightly brighter, but then i deleted it and its still that way

why do things still work after i delete them?

properties s/s

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3159/sdfsdon7.jpg


in-game s/s

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3800/testingnew0000xx7.jpg

keep in mind it was all dark be4, now its not completely dark even after i deleted the normal white bulb.......

acidburn12/04/2007 10:18

I assume you are clever enough to set the brightness of you light_environment higher than 0.

I had the same problem some time ago. I put a light_enviroment in the map but it didn't do anything. I sent the map to someone and for him it worked. So I knew there is something wrong with my TOOLS.
The problem was the FGD-file. The one that stores the infos of all entities. I downloaded the one with model preview from Gimli's site and since than it has been working. What FGD are you using?

XaSer mapper Tournament #212/04/2007 12:05

You dont need sky to make light_enviroment work, you got any leaks ?

r0fl12/04/2007 18:34

I assume you are clever enough to set the brightness of you light_environment higher than 0.

I had the same problem some time ago. I put a light_enviroment in the map but it didn't do anything. I sent the map to someone and for him it worked. So I knew there is something wrong with my TOOLS.
The problem was the FGD-file. The one that stores the infos of all entities. I downloaded the one with model preview from Gimli's site and since than it has been working. What FGD are you using?

acidburn


fixed it

the problem was is that i didnt put all of the sides in sky texture in my sky... i put only the sky you see in the pictures.

and updated my fgd version from 6.6 to 8.0 while i was on it ^^

this problem was annoying cuz i knew i could make light enviornment work before, but then i stopped mapping and forgot small details :D

edit: thx to all who tired to help :D
[ Edited Thu Apr 12 2007, 06:35PM ]

acidburn12/04/2007 19:18

Do you mean the TGAs? Good to know that this causes the problem too.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.