where can I get program that makes .res

Started by stinnZ mapper
12/04/2007 20:10
Page 1 of 1
stinnZ mapper12/04/2007 20:10

Hi

I need the program that make .res for maps. I can't remember the name and I can't remember where I got it last time I downloaded it :)

thx

Juhmp12/04/2007 20:17

http://www.thezproject.org/projects.php?pid=2

:) imo its not that hard to make them in Notepad lol

maniac12/04/2007 20:57

lol, ye.. i make it with notepad...
dunno how it worx with resgen :)

stinnZ mapper12/04/2007 21:12

well I did not know you could use notepad :)

and thx

Volsfootball13/04/2007 00:47

You can always try to decompile the map and use hammer to compile the map to get the .res but that is a risky process since decompiling a map is like death.

Fatalis13/04/2007 06:00

Why would you do that? I don't understand. Just use resgen?

rinkon mapper13/04/2007 07:05(edited 26/07/2015 11:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Murvelman13/04/2007 07:28

Simple = best

acidburn13/04/2007 10:50

= boring :)

BTW. the progie is listed over here: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?80.11934

dEMolite mapper13/04/2007 12:42

notpad (editor) is the best ;D
easy to use and fast to understand :)))))))))))))))

stinnZ mapper13/04/2007 20:38

well with resgen, you right click at the map in your maps folder and open with resgen then the .res file goes to your map folder in less than 1 sec :)

I don't think you are faster writing models name, sky names and stuff like that in notepad and save it in the maps folder but I guess it is more fun ;)

Volsfootball13/04/2007 22:45

I wasn't thinking about resgen. . .I don't know about all the side programs for mapping.

Fatalis13/04/2007 23:11

well with resgen, you right click at the map in your maps folder and open with resgen then the .res file goes to your map folder in less than 1 sec :)

I don't think you are faster writing models name, sky names and stuff like that in notepad and save it in the maps folder but I guess it is more fun ;)

stinnZ


resgen puts wad entries that are compiled into the bsp, and if the wad exists on the webserver/gameserver, the player will be forced to download it even though it's not needed. This is the only bad thing about resgen IMO.

stinnZ mapper14/04/2007 01:02

:/ didn't know that.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.