what does this rule mean

Started by r0fl
16/04/2007 00:34
Page 1 of 1
r0fl16/04/2007 00:34

-> Please don't put your own name in your map.

like in the map title or, inside the map with custom textures?

and what are the consequences if you dont follow them?

Fatalis16/04/2007 00:44(edited 18/09/2010 22:56)

The map won't be accepted..? (In the filename, not in the actual map)
[ Edited Mon Apr 16 2007, 12:45AM ]

r0fl16/04/2007 00:54

look at suk_desertblock...

its accepeted and made by sucky, and he obviously named the map after him..

this is more of an optional rule right?

fuzzerd16/04/2007 01:24

maps made before the rule was made are exempt. also I believe its ok to use a 2 or 3 letter abreviation of your name as the map tag, but I'm not entirely sure lol

stinnZ mapper16/04/2007 01:28

I think it is okey, if I would call my map f.x. sz_castleblock then it would be okey. but if I would call it sz_stinnzblock it would not be alright :)

correct me if I´m wrong

Juhmp16/04/2007 02:23

that sounds about right ^^

sbzvln Tournament #216/04/2007 16:13

word stinz

DHT- Tournament #116/04/2007 17:01

kz_andy Author andy -.- But I guess the map got accepted before XJ decided to create that rule.

puppetz mapper16/04/2007 17:34

Why did they decide that, if I may ask?

faker mapper16/04/2007 17:40

Actually Kreedz set that rule up in his Mapsubmission rules long time ago and XJ just sticked to these rules just as they were set by the godfather Kreedz back in the days. However, they got changed (easier to understand) since #mappers is checking the maps now :)

The rule is pretty obvious, of course you can use parts of your names, just as stinnz said, but it's not allowed to take your nickname as mapname (kz_faker for example). The sense of this rule is pretty obvious, too. The maps should have nice names and people should know what they have to expect before they download the map (u can't give a desert map the name "icerock" neither).

DHT-: kz_andy, an awful map btw, got accepted by kzmaps (Moxx) in the time when they checked the maps.

I hope I was abled to clear things out :)
[ Edited Mon Apr 16 2007, 05:42PM ]

BooLiSH17/04/2007 00:30



kz_andy, an awful map btw, got accepted by kzmaps (Moxx) in the time when they checked the maps.

faker


^^

never saw this rule, but as you said.. obvious.. i would never name my map

kz_boolishbhop^^ (sounds ncie doesn't it :D)

puppetz mapper17/04/2007 01:02

But people could name a map ex. kz__icerock or whatever.. Of course you have to write in the mapname what the map is about, but you could have that AND your nick. I don't see any problems there, exept that that would give the maps long names..

r0fl17/04/2007 01:11

kz_rambo_xen by rambo ftw :D


but yea i understand the rule now i think

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.