Project: kzj_lost (based on the show)

Started by P.V.A.B.-jello
19/04/2007 03:52
Page 1 of 1
P.V.A.B.-jello19/04/2007 03:52

Description: The purpose of this project is to bring the world of the television series Lost to Counter-Strike jumpers around the world. Hopefully it will be liked but that is not the main goal; rather, I wish to bring elements from the show to the climber's experience and create something never done before.

Progress: ~30%

Screenshots: http://d2monarch.com/images/lost/

Integration: The first room is the one with "the button" at the top of a block which you must press in order to blow "the hatch" open. Only then can you proceed to the second room, but you must watch out for the security system. If you arent careful in your jumping, you could die from the sonic blast. Once you successfully climb over the last beam and fall down underground, you must finish some bhops and a longjump across an underground stream and then climb into a hole in the wall.

Thoughts: I intend to make the first and second rooms more appealing to the eye by adding some enclosure to the second room and some better lighting in the first room. If you have an idea, please post it here so that I may consider placing it into the map.

I had the idea of making another room based around the cages Sawyer and Kate were trapped in at the beginning of the third season but I don't know if I will use this idea or not. Like I said, any comments, ideas, or critique that you have, please don't hesitate to post it here. I hope to make this map great! :)

Updates: Currently, I'm redoing the first room with the hatch to be more like the show. Here's a skimpy preview image:

http://d2monarch.com/images/lost/kzj_lost0001.jpg
[ Edited ]

rinkon mapper19/04/2007 04:29(edited 26/07/2015 11:06)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

P.V.A.B.-jello19/04/2007 04:33

My host is down currently. I guess we have to wait.

Edit: host is working.
[ Edited Thu Apr 19 2007, 06:19AM ]

rinkon mapper19/04/2007 06:31(edited 26/07/2015 11:04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Murvelman19/04/2007 06:45

Looks a little simple imo...

Pf0llz0r mapper19/04/2007 12:32

sry but I dont see the lost in it :/, well since its only 30% it will prolly be better later on =D

GL

PrEn1uMz19/04/2007 12:34

agree with pf0llz0r !

look at de_lost or de_lost2 for counter-strike:source
I think it can help u

Mehz19/04/2007 14:25

I think you should get more jungle-ish textures

stinnZ mapper19/04/2007 15:26

I don't watch lost but it happens in a island with beach and lot of trees. I can't see the jungle. But it looks nice for climbing. I woke up few minutes ago so I´m a little sleepy and I didn't see the picture clearly. But I see you are using the sky in de_nuke, plz change it. It also seemed like your jump is pretty simple.

But it is only 30% and the jumps looked pretty nice so good luck

faker mapper19/04/2007 15:30

Awesome idea, but it doesn't even look close like Lost imo :/

Keep working on it!

P.V.A.B.-jello20/04/2007 06:24

Currently, I'm redoing the first room with the hatch to be more like the show. Here's a skimpy preview image:

http://d2monarch.com/images/lost/kzj_lost0001.jpg

dEMolite mapper20/04/2007 11:20

doesn't looks like lost now. please make much more and don't post empty screen.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.