Logitech G5 Laser mouse

Started by puppetz mapper
24/04/2007 15:02
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper24/04/2007 15:02

Hey.

I have just bought this new mouse which I have heard a lot of good things about. Looks nice and stuff, but I have got one problem. It is like that sometimes the curser on the screen gets "stuck", and if I move the mouse a bit down to the right, the curser stays in the same position. Seems like the mouse sometimes doesen't really react in specific positions. It's especially in CS this happens. I have also tried to customize it in anyway, but that doesen't help. :(

Talked to my brother about it (he has G5 also), and he regocnized the problem and said I needed a "fix" for it, which I could download on Google, but haven't found it.
Btw, I am using Windows XP.

Well, is there any of you who have experienced anything like this before, and got the problem solved? If so, how? 'Cause this really can't be how the mouse should work. My old mouse worked much better, it followed exactly my moves, and if I don't get this problem solved I am gonna shift back.
I had just heard so much about this mouse and stuff, so I thought I would try it, but I am really disappointed about this, so I hope any of you can help me fix it.

- PuppetZ^

Fatalis24/04/2007 22:57

Try upgrading the firmware.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=11017,OSID=1,softwareid=11305

ajR`26/04/2007 10:12

If the upgrade doesn't work. There is a small trick that has helped me...

My Mx518 stops on my screen, maybe for 3-5 seconds in-game, and it got really annoying, well I read somewhere that its a small bug and this helps fix it.

Open up Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), find hl.exe, right click it, and go to Set Priority > Low. There is a possibilty of your game being less stable (closing automatically once in a while), but thats only happened to me like once or twice.

But my mouse doesn't freeze anymore! :D Hope something works for ya. :P

Mehz27/04/2007 23:05

I have G5, and it works perfect for me..
Id follow fatalis suggestion

puppetz mapper28/04/2007 13:25

Ye, well, I have also got the problem solved now. I had already downloaded firmware when I made the thread, but it was apperantly some commands I had to put in Launch Options, if you right click at CS in the games list.. But thanks anyway. :)

Mehz05/05/2007 23:18

What commands? Could you pless tell? :P

puppetz mapper07/05/2007 01:12

Just for the future, if anybody could have this problem with the mouse:

1. Go to your list of games in Steam.
2. Right-click Counter-Strike
3. Click "Set launch options..."
4. Paste the following commands into it:
-no acceleration -noforcemaccel -noforceatall -noforcemparms -noforcemspd-

Don't know if it's all of them that makes it work, may be just one of them, but anyways, that's how I got it solved.

bakeLit09/08/2007 18:40

PuppetZ i have the same problem today i'll try the commands (-no acceleration -noforcemaccel -noforceatall -noforcemparms -noforcemspd)

Thx anyway

bakeLit10/08/2007 08:37

Didnt helped :( i am in trouble :(

theL0w^10/08/2007 09:59

turn off your driver... driver sux imo.

ThaRob05/10/2007 15:56(edited 28/08/2010 02:01)

got the same problem i think, but i have low fps than

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?73.61848

i try these commands, but i think it wont help


[ Edited 10/05/07 - 15:59:38 ]

ThaRob05/10/2007 16:04

hmm no doesnt help

Bibo05/10/2007 17:31

i had the exact problem, mousefix fixed it.

Chris Tucker05/10/2007 17:47(edited 28/08/2010 02:01)

Start steam in low priority!

1- You have to cfg your steam so it'll not start automatically on windows start!

2- Then create a new shortcut on your desktop.
Put H:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "Steam" /low "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe"

Replace H by the one youre using!
Replace by the access way of your Steam.exe.
Then chose a name for your shortcut like : Steam Low Priority.

3- If you did it the right way just verify in the shortcut's properties the access way in "Start in...". If you see a strange access way you have to put the access way for the system32 of windows like: C:\Windows\system32\

4- Then start the shortcut maybe it'll take several seconds to start it's normal. When steam will be started you can do a last test. Just look if steam is in low priority (CTRL-ALT-SUP), then right click on STEAM.EXE then PRIORITY. It has to be "LOW"!

5- Try to play => NO MORE FREEZE OR LAGS, IT'S GUARANTEE ^^!

Have fun playin. Just don't forget to always start steam with the shortcut you've just created!!! :rolleyes:
Later, Chris Tucker.

[ Edited 10/09/07 - 16:05:09 ]

hose09/10/2007 07:17

Maybe changing your mouse pad would be helpful

ThaRob09/10/2007 12:35

no its not the mouse pad.

if i change the priority to low its ok, can someone explain why its ok than?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.