Carve & Clipping Tool

Started by ajR`
26/04/2007 07:55
Page 1 of 1
ajR`26/04/2007 07:55

I'm quite new to mapping so I just need a little help.

When I use the clipping tool (sometimes) on say.. a large land mass, then compile map and go into game. There are these black / white little lines on the crease of where the clip was, although the two masses are touching.

I'd like to know if there is a way to eliminate the lines from showing up?

Also, when using carve, I noticed that around where I carved had black lines showing in directions from the shape (pentagon) that I used. And when I compile my map, there is a small chunk in the corner taken out of the map, that I havnt touched. I'm guessing its from the carve that I did...

So basically is there any way to carve / clip a "correct" way, so I dont have these ugly messups. :( Thnx.

rinkon mapper26/04/2007 08:41(edited 26/07/2015 10:59)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

ajR`26/04/2007 09:35

Ok, use the clip tool to carve. I get that.. but what about getting the black / white little speckled lines in my map after compile. :(

Thnx for the tut btw. :D And.. HI RINKON! :D

dEMolite mapper26/04/2007 14:29

btw rinkon why didn't u posted some information why carving is bad?

aL- carving is really bad better to use the clipping tool. cause carving cuts the walls in many small and big geometrys and this gets your r_speeds higher. thats the reason why carving is bad.

Juhmp26/04/2007 19:20

when carving is done correctly, it can be very useful imo :)

acidburn26/04/2007 20:41

In my opinion the carve tool is provided for convenience. You don't need it! As dEMolite says it cuts your brushes and creates a lot of (sometimes) unnecesary ones.

dEMolite mapper26/04/2007 21:39

when carving is done correctly, it can be very useful imo :)

juhmp

it can't be used correctly

Juhmp27/04/2007 04:38

thats why it is a feature in hammer right?

dEMolite mapper27/04/2007 05:36

its a bad feature. cause u can't really control that what it should carve right u have 0.Xunits differents in high or width

rinkon mapper27/04/2007 07:20(edited 26/07/2015 10:59)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.