New to KZ: Sync

Started by Naked Snake
05/05/2026 21:10
Page 1 of 1
Naked Snake05/05/2026 21:10(edited 05/05/2026 21:13)

Hey, I am new to KZ and cs1.6 as whole, and I am trying to learn and would like some feedback on my mistakes so that I can improve.

This is a clip of me doing some ljs.


My questions are:

  1. Why is my eff so low? Especially on the first jump?

    Even when I do a jump and say one strafe to the right, i.e holding D and looking to the right after jumping, my eff is never 100%.


  2. How can I start to consistently hit 250+ units ljs?

    My personal record is 250 units, I did it by brute force, i.e i just jumped and strafed until I managed to hit it somehow.


  3. How did you train your KZ movements? What map you used and how often did you play?



I know that some jumps were done with a prestrafe less than 270, I know this is one of the problems of not being able to hit 250 but I want to focus on my strafes right now.


Some info:
I play on 100aa since it is easier than 10aa. I also play on 1600dpi, 0.8 ingame sens.

This clip I took is not on my usual gaming setup, but my issue still applies otherwise.
I understand I have a lot of practice to even be considered remotely good, but I would like someone to tell me what it is that I am exactly doing wrong.

Scary Tournament #210/05/2026 16:59

Well I would say its all about a lot of muscle memory. Your prestrafe is a little off, almost too fast mouse movement, you gotta "feel" it a little bit more., which ofcourse is not a great help, but theres a lot of feeling in KZ. Since you already jump 240, you´re fine mate, thats pretty good. Slowly youll become better and better.


Id practice on regular maps like terablock, gigablock, cliffez and such classics.


Maybe practicing Bhop will improve your strafes, so maybe try out goldbhop and get a PB.

Naked Snake13/05/2026 17:18

Originally posted by Scary

Well I would say its all about a lot of muscle memory. Your prestrafe is a little off, almost too fast mouse movement, you gotta "feel" it a little bit more., which ofcourse is not a great help, but theres a lot of feeling in KZ. Since you already jump 240, you´re fine mate, thats pretty good. Slowly youll become better and better.


Id practice on regular maps like terablock, gigablock, cliffez and such classics.


Maybe practicing Bhop will improve your strafes, so maybe try out goldbhop and get a PB.



Thank you for the reply and the recommendations! I will look into the maps you named, and I will try to get a PB on goldbhop as you said.


As for the prestrafes, I intentionally did not try to make them perfect as I wanted to discuss my airstrafes, but I noticed when jumping around that prestrafing plays a very major role in how far I can LJ, so I will not underestimate how much they help anymore. I managed to beat my LJ PB, a 252 units jump with the help of a good 275 prestrafe.

sajkee. mapperrecord holder13/05/2026 22:02(edited 13/05/2026 22:03)

Originally posted by Naked Snake

As for the prestrafes, I intentionally did not try to make them perfect as I wanted to discuss my airstrafes, but I noticed when jumping around that prestrafing plays a very major role in how far I can LJ, so I will not underestimate how much they help anymore. I managed to beat my LJ PB, a 252 units jump with the help of a good 275 prestrafe.

You have many tutorials on youtube about longjumping, typing down everything would take a while, maybe better to just look at the video and try to recreate the movements from the LJ guides


Scary Tournament #214/05/2026 03:56

Originally posted by Naked Snake

Originally posted by Scary

Well I would say its all about a lot of muscle memory. Your prestrafe is a little off, almost too fast mouse movement, you gotta "feel" it a little bit more., which ofcourse is not a great help, but theres a lot of feeling in KZ. Since you already jump 240, you´re fine mate, thats pretty good. Slowly youll become better and better.


Id practice on regular maps like terablock, gigablock, cliffez and such classics.


Maybe practicing Bhop will improve your strafes, so maybe try out goldbhop and get a PB.



Thank you for the reply and the recommendations! I will look into the maps you named, and I will try to get a PB on goldbhop as you said.


As for the prestrafes, I intentionally did not try to make them perfect as I wanted to discuss my airstrafes, but I noticed when jumping around that prestrafing plays a very major role in how far I can LJ, so I will not underestimate how much they help anymore. I managed to beat my LJ PB, a 252 units jump with the help of a good 275 prestrafe.


Alright, but hey 252 is really good. Took many years before the world record got over 250, back 20 years ago ;)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.