KZ Browser Demo Player

Started by Nokkan
08/10/2026 12:40
Page 1 of 1
Nokkan08/10/2026 12:40(edited 08/10/2026 17:41)

CS 1.6 Demo Player runs Counter-Strike 1.6 kz and longjump record demos in the browser. It uses the real GoldSrc-compatible engine, Xash3D FWGS, compiled to WebAssembly, so a demo looks and plays the way it did in the game.

What it does

  • Browse and play records from Xtreme-Jumps (kreedz.com), Cosy-Climbing and KZ-Rush. Each site has a map browser with a filter, a records list per map with players’ country flags, and a link you can share for every record (/<site>/map/<name>, /<site>/watch/<id>). Shared links show a preview card in Discord, Slack, X and the like, with the map, players and times.

  • Longjumps, a tab of the Xtreme-Jumps window (/lj): every jump on the LJ tops since 2013, rebuilt from the old xtreme-jumps.eu pages and Wayback Machine copies. It includes demos that only the Wayback Machine still has.

  • Playback controls: pause, speed, skip, frame-by-frame stepping, and a Demo Player window styled like the original Steam/VGUI interface. Keys can be rebound in Options → Keyboard, and windows open where you left them.

  • Works on phones and tablets, with touch controls and a full screen button.

  • Cheat-review tools:

    • Graphs: per-frame speed, turning and keys. Click a point to jump to that frame, or shift-drag to loop a range.

    • Keys overlay: the keys the player held, their mouse movement, every mouse wheel tick, speed and jump stats.

    • Checks: picking a finding takes you to its frame. They cover:

      • bhop hacks and jump/duck scripts, from whether a key or the wheel made each press;

      • perfect bhop streaks, strafe sync, and strafe keys switching exactly as the mouse turns;

      • mouse steps, frame rate, and slow motion or speed hacks measured against the server’s clock;

      • a replay of the game’s movement that finds speed the inputs don’t explain.

  • Path: the player’s route through the map, with a post at each jump.

  • Compare runs: two records of the same map, or two longjumps, side by side, with the live time gap and a ghost of the other run.

  • Changelog page at /changelog.


Currently KZ-Rush and Cosy haven’t allowed fetching from this origin, so the records from there are unavailable on the website. If you happen to know the admins, please spread the word.

Source is private for now. Would love to have your feedback.

Cheers

FLasH ^^ mapper08/10/2026 13:05

Great tool nokkan, now i know for sure that some of the demos use a splitter and somehow the demo checking team is blind.

D2B08/10/2026 13:23

The compare runs are incredible!!

Nokkan08/10/2026 13:49

I remember back in the days, when I was paying for VIP, I could download bunch of demos. There was also separate section of cheated demos.
If somebody has access to those files, that'd be great. I can add those checks as well and I'll add also a way to upload a demo yourself run analyzer + play it back.

sajkee. mapperrecord holder08/10/2026 14:30

This is so cool thing, you can quickly compare some records to see who was faster at some points.
I noticed few bugs:
- Entering a mapname in the Filters doesn't work
- Watching compared runs sometimes doesnt start the demos from the beginning than somewhere in the middle (e.g kz_space2 record between me, rawe and Np_O)
- An icon for full screen is almost invisible 😄 any chance to make it bigger or something?

Nokkan08/10/2026 15:05

Originally posted by sajkee.

This is so cool thing, you can quickly compare some records to see who was faster at some points.
I noticed few bugs:
- Entering a mapname in the Filters doesn't work
- Watching compared runs sometimes doesnt start the demos from the beginning than somewhere in the middle (e.g kz_space2 record between me, rawe and Np_O)
- An icon for full screen is almost invisible 😄 any chance to make it bigger or something?



done

D2B08/10/2026 15:20

Originally posted by Nokkan

I remember back in the days, when I was paying for VIP, I could download bunch of demos. There was also separate section of cheated demos.
If somebody has access to those files, that'd be great. I can add those checks as well and I'll add also a way to upload a demo yourself run analyzer + play it back.



This is the best I have to offer https://www.mediafire.com/kz_files
You need to download and store the files somewhere
dont know if those cheated demos are on xj ftp

Nokkan08/10/2026 15:25

Originally posted by D2B

Originally posted by Nokkan

I remember back in the days, when I was paying for VIP, I could download bunch of demos. There was also separate section of cheated demos.
If somebody has access to those files, that'd be great. I can add those checks as well and I'll add also a way to upload a demo yourself run analyzer + play it back.



This is the best I have to offer https://www.mediafire.com/kz_files
You need to download and store the files somewhere
dont know if those cheated demos are on xj ftp



perfect, thanks a lot! I remember this link, you sent me decade ago haha


gonna check those cheated demos and figure out how can I improve demo checker

FLasH ^^ mapper08/10/2026 16:31(edited 08/10/2026 16:47)

Models that copy the light from somewhere else are black. "zhlt_copylight - name", i think something to do with lightmap calculations, cause even old maps suffer from the same thing. Prior to zhlt_copylight.

Nokkan08/10/2026 16:42

Originally posted by FLasH ^^

Models that copy the light from somewhere else are black. "zhlt_copylight - name"




what's the name of that map?

thanks

FLasH ^^ mapper08/10/2026 16:47(edited 08/10/2026 16:48)

kz_stronghold, might want to look into the lightmaps, cause i think that's the culprit.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.