Need help with looping sound.
hi!
Im nearly finished with my map. But i got a problem with the ambient_generic.
I've edit the sound in goldwave and use resample to 11025hz, or whatever it says. I have set start cue and end cue, and i have saved the file with PCM 8bit mono unsigned.
In hammer i use abmient_generic
vol = 10
start vol = 10
radius = large
and other values original.
There are no errors compiling the map, and no startup error. NO errors at all, except from that u cant hear a shit in the game. no sound.
I would really appreciate help "without whineing", i already know that im a noob mapper.
http://flr.prophp.org - u can fin 2 pic of the map there.
maps/flr_glacier/pics read the text and u'll find the link to the picture page.
You can find info on this over here (don't only read the first posts!):
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?54.19286
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?54.34181
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?80.39907.0
I have already read all of these, none of them helped!
I have already read all of these, none of them helped!
Than you're doing something wrong for sure. Read them again. Or better, readn only my posts. :D
you probably edited the wav the wrong way. (to make sure put pathname waterfall.wav or something to your ambient generic and then if everything works fine then you edited your wav the wrong way for sure)
read the wav edit tutorial carefully on a few different sites and edit it again
use 24 or 32bit it works perfectly with it.
i had the same prob when i had to make sounds for droughthop but this tut' helped me alot!
http://twhl.co.za/tutorial.php?id=98
(btw. have you set the flags? dunno if you have to do that :F)
[ Edited Mon Apr 30 2007, 05:43PM ]
Please log in to post replies.