tjn_stoned
Basically, you start with having to make a choice, whether you want to go to a nice house (which leads to a pretty boring, but non-law-breaking gaming experience) or a crack house (with some... more interesting results). Stupid? Indeed...
I've only just started this map, and I've got lots of ideas of what I could put into the map. It's very experimental, that's for sure. I've learned many new things whilst making this map, which is nice. I'm still a noob mapper though, heh. :-)
The map itself will include both climbing and bunny hops, but mostly climbing elements.
Anyway, here's a few in-game screenshots:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7585/stoned1uq0.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3205/stoned2mh7.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4152/stoned3ug3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5636/stoned4tm1.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6640/stoned5eu2.jpg
Constructive critisicm please! :-D
very nice environments.
find another texture for the vents // pic 1
thats very thin :/ doesnt leave so much space to strafe // pic 2
looks nice but the house is abit crooked :D // pic 3
really nice looking, did u use func_pendulum for the swing ? // pic 4
strange :D // pic 5
keep on with the nice work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU
looks awesome!
looks nice, gj
yay, very nice, gj :)
looks... uhm... weird :D but i like it
wow, everything looks great except the vent texture.. to much streched so you should change that :)
gj!!
rinkon Mehz sbzvln liko ar you guys idiotes?
He want Constructive critisicm and not nice good job or any other thing!!!!!!
idiotes and spammers!!
What if we dont have any constructive critisicm and just like it.
Shut ur big mouth please
Ye, right Mehz, just want say "nice work.." i like it and i think every mapper like when see "GJ".
And i dont say in every thread gj man.. gj is only for really good maps (from my side).
So.. be carefull what you say.. aphrenia 4ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU
the first 2 screens are realy ugly and easy mapped the 3rd and 4th are better ...
About the 'vents', they were actually supposed to be some form of windows, but now that you guys have mentioned them, they did look quite poo. I've replaced them with a creepy-looking scrolling texture (and made them into func_conveyors to add a little more life and surrealism to the room).
Yeah radon, the really thin room bunny hops are possible, and not as hard as they look and yes, I've used func_pendulum on the swing. The house is supposed to be crooked. =D
DaMp, it's a shame you think those rooms look ugly, but what I don't understand is why it should matter whether something is easy to 'map' or not? :-/ Heh, but anyway, I can't please everyone. ^_^
"easy mapped"...maybe he means that you should at some more things...for example the 5th pic..it looks ok, but the room is kinda empty...
the 4th screen is imo the best.. and a nice sky :)
keep up the work =)
[ Edited Mon May 14 2007, 12:20AM ]
are you stupid demolite?
you didn't give any constructive critisism either.
gtfo, hypocrite ftl
haha you are so funny.
dEMolite, he wanted constructive criticism if the people wanted to criticise. They didn't want to criticise, but congratulate the mapper for the good work (in their eyes) :)
but didn't you saw it? in every thread the same sentence from the same persons. thats not criticism or congratulate.
The vents in picture one doesn't look that bad imo. They might be too bad quality but it's anyway better than the normal vent textures :)
About that thin room; You probably want to create a feeling that the player actually is stoned and it does give a good feeling. But I think that might be too thin and will becoming annoying when you jump it or something. I'm not sure tho ;)
but didn't you saw it? in every thread the same sentence from the same persons. thats not criticism or congratulate.
Congratulate, yes.
God you stupid
Please log in to post replies.