which video card?

Started by r0fl
17/05/2007 23:34
Page 1 of 1
r0fl17/05/2007 23:34

hi, buying a new comp cuz tired of 30 fps crap.

which video card would be better? i mean if i were to type developer 1 and fps_max 5000 in console with which video card would i have the most fps?

this one : http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-EN8600GTS-N-HTDP-256M-GEFORCE-8600GTS-675MHZ-256MB_W0QQitemZ330110544354QQcmdZViewItem



or : this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Radeon-X1950-PRO-512MB-AGP-X1950pro-Video-Card_W0QQitemZ230098671396QQcmdZViewItem


cause they cost about the same, so i wanna choose either 1 :D. so if you know plz post.

thx for any help/info

KNiFEAR18/05/2007 10:53

8600gts, but a tip: for games like cs the cpu is much more important if u want high fps;) graphic cards sure do play a big role when it comes to fps but put some more money on ur cpu and motherboard:D

stukad Tournament #118/05/2007 13:13

Radeon x1950pro for sure!

Dalai mapper18/05/2007 14:59

dont buy ati radeon graphic cards -.-' Im experiencing to much trouble with them. Paid 350€ for a graphics card that just killed itself after a year (x800), then I got a new one (x850pro) and it makes problems again. My brother also got a Radeon Sapphire card (x1???) and is experiencing graphic errors and stuff....But I dont want to boycott anyone, so think for yourself - It's jsut what im experiencing


[ Edited Fri May 18 2007, 03:00PM ]

aaapo18/05/2007 16:17

Yea, I bought x800 2 years ago and had A lot of troubles with it... So I returned it and took slower gf 6600gt pci-e but with no problemos.. I know it's just my case but I prefer gf.

stukad Tournament #118/05/2007 21:47

I´v been using Radeon x800pro for over 2 years and i have never hade any problems with it. Not a singel one! It´s actually the "best buy" i ever made to my computer and i do not regret it for 1 second :D

M!nn0W18/05/2007 21:55

7950gx2 :up:

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.