EZ way to find if its a Hjump~!
my friend Simen.name found a EZ way to differentiate a jump if its a Hjump.
as all you know its hard to find if some jump like highjump but which u can't make sure(like72 or 73units the jump is).
u can walk with duck at the edge of the block,if u turned solw its a highjump will,is the speed have not change ,its will a normal jump :D
have fun
Well, I expected a technique where you didn't have to go off the edge to definate if it's a highjump. But GJ anyway.
or just use your eyes, theres not to many that are hard to tell really
This way is older than sun! But gj finding it :/
I use it since... since I know what is a highjump :p
you also can jump it cause i think you can feel it if its a highjump gj anyway cause i didnt know it
gj
not many know that (also when all till now wroted it's old old old, maybe for these its rly old) cause u see that much on servers which ask "is this a hj or not"?
so nice to posting it :)
for meself, its also new
i just stand next to it while looking at the edge, and if it looks high, its a hj, but if i can see the ground of the jump, its not
if you can't jump on to it it will have edgefriction, although I'm not sure if that makes it a full fledged highjump since some jumps like this (ie the sandblock "240") don't seem to have as much friction as if they even higher (ie the kz_longjumps highjumps)
Mh this technique is not accurate:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yp9j1k
I need gravity_research.bsp
i knew it was something, but i didn't know it meant if it was a hj or not :p
Map:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qqevlv
n1, didn't know about that :P
nice :)
I use units measurer :D XD
its wrong.
when you stand at the 63UNITS Height block (like sandblock-240)
if u walk with duck at the edge of the block ,u will also turn slow. BUT we all know that jump is a normal longjump i THINK many people can jump this 240
but few people can do the HJ 240~(without CJ)
BTW: the way to find if its a HJ is found by me
not siMen.NaMe :O
I think the better way to make sure if its a HJ
is :
open console
type edgefriction 100 and entry
then you walk to the edge of the block you are jumping.
the super friction could slow your speed down to 12.5UNITS/S :P
[ Edited 06/22/07 - 17:37:06 ]
PET@n, you can't do that online.
He's talkin about if your testing a map on LAN bro...it might be impractical but he's just offering you another way to find out :)
Yes yes, it's a pretty obvious way, I just thought this was anytime you doubt if a jump is a highjump.
Please log in to post replies.