Error: ReadSurfs (line 35): 15697 > g_numplan

23/06/2007 11:11
Page 1 of 1
XaSer mapper Tournament #223/06/2007 11:11

Error: ReadSurfs (line 35): 15697 > g_numplanes

I get this error when I try to compile my map.

http://www.slackiller.com/tommy14/errors.htm:
The page says:

ReadSurfs (line 99416): 32189 > g_numplanes or max_map_planes
Before you go wild, try a recompile or 2 - sometimes it is just a random thing. Also search for a brush with more than 32 faces, such as a cylinder in the Maxpoints error.
Otherwise this error means you went over the limit of the number of planes allowed. This means too many faces in the map = too many brushes, or too complex ones. Time to trim back the level map! Some solutions:

* Do not put a box around your map to fight leaks. Seal each section seperately and fight the leak war.
* Try to line up the faces of brushes with the same texture at the same scale. Then the engine may make them into one face plane.
* Avoid detail brushes, use texture to "fake it" instead.
* Plain make fewer brushes. Keep construction simple. HL and complexity mix poorly.
* There are some newer compiler programs being tested that remove unused and unneeded planes from the outside of a level. You could try to get and use one of them.



I dont got any brush with more than 32 faces
I got 16 645 faces. (max is 32 XXX) or something.
I dont got a box around my map.

Anyone know what the problem is?

[ Edited ]

radon mapper Tournament #329/07/2007 14:04

u tryed compiling it with other tools ? wich tool did u use to compile it ?

P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 00:10

I had this error recently and it stumped me, as I am a perfect mapper. :) I easily fixed the problem by realizing you need to compile with RAD and VIS which I had turned off cause I didn't want to wait 5 mins for the compile.

If you have RAD and VIS on and still get the error, try fixing related problems such as: does your map have a leak? Do you have fullbright?

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.