texturelighting on torches?

Started by Pf0llz0r mapper
26/06/2007 07:49
Page 1 of 1
Pf0llz0r mapper26/06/2007 07:49

Well as the topic says, how do u guys do?

Is it possible to have texturelighting when ur using torches?
I know how to use texturelighting but I dont know howto use it if I want the torch to emit light.

Im using a light entity atm but since I have about 4 torches in every room its alot of entitys.

//Pf0llz0r

AverageFreak26/06/2007 07:56

Try this trick: get a {blue texture, add it in lights.rad with the lightvalue you want it to emit, and put it on the torch into the sprite, then make it func_wall and render mode solid.. It wont be visible ingame this way, and it will emit light.

Pf0llz0r mapper26/06/2007 10:11

thx bl00d_d00d <3

Gonna test it later when Im home

Dalai mapper26/06/2007 15:00

or even easier:

use the "info_texlights" entity ..

also u might just place a texture that emits light un the top face of the torch but i donnu if this looks good because usually the whole flame emits light so blood's method would be better ( but i wouldn't use the {blue but some other full-transparental texture.. :-/ Maybe u need the {blue somewhere else for some effect and than it will always sent light ^^)

AverageFreak26/06/2007 15:52

I think that when you use {blue as a texlighter in a map and compile, then remove the {blue from lights.rad, it will still emit light in the map you compiled, but in the next map you put it and compile, after you removed it, it wont :>

or just open wally, copy your {blue tex and paste it in the same wad with a new name ( {texlight2 example xD)



[ Edited 06/26/07 - 15:54:23 ]

Dalai mapper26/06/2007 20:10

dont make things to compilcated....

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.