sjarken_orange

Started by maetz
01/07/2007 04:35
Page 1 of 1
maetz01/07/2007 04:35

Hi! :)

This is the first map I've ever (!) made, so don't be too hard on me now. :P
I just want some comments so I can learn.

link to the map: http://www.speedyshare.com/696778750.html

old pics: http://rapidshare.com/files/40328404/sjarken_orange.rar.html

I will probably finish the map tomorrow, I've used a couple of days on it.. It takes about 2 minutes to climb.. I'll also upload the map tomorrow so you guys can test it if you want.. But first, comments? ;)
[ Edited ]

Volsfootball01/07/2007 06:52

imageshack.... please :D :DWhat does sjarken mean.. ?

XaSer mapper Tournament #201/07/2007 09:33

the colour of the jumps does not fit to the texture on the walls. And the map is to rectangle.

On your ladder use ctrl+t --> func_wall:
Fx Amount: 255
Render Mode: Solid - No light

Then use texture AAATRIGGER and put it 2 units infront of the func_wall and ctrl+t --> func_ladder

colix mapper01/07/2007 12:15

looks like a nice climb, but, ye edit the ladder as xaser said :P

maetz01/07/2007 12:15

the word sjarken equals a some kind of boat.. (its Norwegian) and the name is me and some of my friends' clan/mix name :P

hmm.. what kind of colours would fit with the walls? and the thing with the ladder, I'll do it right away! :) i think this map is a fun climb tho.. uploading a beta in some hours..

drewbie mapper01/07/2007 13:26

it looks ok for first map, gj

maetz01/07/2007 14:58

Okey, so here's the beta. I'm not sure, but this might be the final version too, depends on what comments it gets etc.

Link to map: http://www.speedyshare.com/696778750.html

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4

Hope u'll try it =)


[ Edited 07/01/07 - 19:24:09 ]

maniac01/07/2007 15:06

Fatal Error

WARNIG: couldn't open phoogitextures.wad =)

maetz01/07/2007 15:08

bah.. forgot something with the compiling.. just a sec.. uploading a new one..

EDIT; uploaded the maplink.. should be working fine now.
[ Edited 07/01/07 - 15:14:26 ]

+ Martin01/07/2007 15:51

Well, the blocks with more shapesa and in the end a teleport that leaves you in the start. More details, but its your first...its good..

maetz01/07/2007 15:54

I thought about that too, with the teleports at the end.. one at the right side, which went to some ljs, and one on the left side which got u back to the start.. i think i'll add it.. :)

WyB01/07/2007 16:03

maets i would say really gj with the texture changing, you have found a cool texture for blocks, and they do fit with the walls now, keep up the good work ;)

maybe you can try to go for kz_ tag.. talk with angie via mIRC

#mappers @ quakenet

she will tell you what to improve etc :)
[ Edited 07/01/07 - 16:04:45 ]

maetz01/07/2007 16:19

wow, thanks WyB! :) we'll see if it's good enough for the kz_ tag.. i dunno if it is..

FLR01/07/2007 17:55

i dont want to be rude to you maets, but i dont think it would get a kz tag. Its your first map(its really nice thougt for a first map), but as i compare it with my map that didnt even get custom, i dont think yours would get kz.

I think that your second map will look better, cuz when you have finished that map, you've learned to do more complicated things.

But you shouldnt listen to me, im just a stupid old swede.

(and again, nice for a first map)

maetz01/07/2007 18:50

FLR, thats kinda what im thinking too.. its looks quite bad compared to the others map getting the tag nowadays..

edit; new beta uploaded, link updated! :up:

edit; btw, I need another name for the map.. cuz i changed the blocks from being orange to that brownish.. thing.. :P any ideas?
[ Edited 07/01/07 - 19:26:49 ]

sbzvln Tournament #206/07/2007 06:23

sjarken_brown ;P

The map is fun to play once, but tbh i dont think it will get accepted :(

akM09/07/2007 01:05

hope its good enough for kz_ :)

reinis609/07/2007 09:59

Map looks Kewl :) hope soon released

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.