Problem With Compiling

Started by Th1eF
05/07/2007 23:22
Page 1 of 1
Th1eF05/07/2007 23:22

Whenver I try to compile my map it always stops at leafthreads I left it there for 15 minutes then I just restarted my comp cuz I didn't feel like waiting. My map is somewhat 2500widthx5000lengthx5000height. I placed the light_environment entity above the clipping texture and below the sky texture is this right? I'm not sure if I should just let it run but no sign of progression is being shown.

Dalai mapper05/07/2007 23:24

try compiling on -low :D
this way u can still work at your computer..

best would be u msg me on IRC, sent me the map as rmf and i compile and see what i can do :)

Th1eF05/07/2007 23:30

i got 3 ghz and 1.5 gig of ram i should be fine? besides its not even done its just a test run to see how everything is going but id like to see how its working out
[ Edited 07/05/07 - 23:31:10 ]

Tommy J N mapper05/07/2007 23:52

I'm not sure if I should just let it run but no sign of progression is being shown.

Th1eF


Just let it run. Hardly any sign of progression is completely normal. (-:

Th1eF05/07/2007 23:59

k

Mehz06/07/2007 02:04

15 mins... thats not even much

Volsfootball06/07/2007 02:13

try 10 hrs :S Fucking troy!!!!

AverageFreak06/07/2007 08:06

Ye vols, troy is really big... bud dammit, lookout is a small map, but it compiles 14 hrs :p

at least it used to




[ Edited 07/06/07 - 09:44:44 ]

Pf0llz0r mapper06/07/2007 12:07

One thing is that the map is huge "My map is somewhat 2500widthx5000lengthx5000height", that makes the compile take longer time, my ancientblock have a 5hour compile time.

Leave it to compile when u go to bed, thats a good idea =)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.