kzj_ideas (working ideas)

Started by P.V.A.B.-jello
20/07/2007 07:55
Page 1 of 1
P.V.A.B.-jello20/07/2007 07:55

Image previews: http://tenub.xmshosting.net/kzj

Mirror: http://www.d2monarch.com/kzj

All the pictures of this map are in that folder.


For this map I've taken concepts I've had in my mind and actually made them into a map. In the first room the tops of the bhops light up and the sides change to green when you hop on them; they also make a futuristic machine-like noise when jumped on. After you climb your way up above ground you're presented with a nice winding river of sorts with rocks and what I think is a nicely made snaking canyon. After you wind around twice, you again take a vent up to a hallway. I won't tell you how to get past it, that's why you play the map. ;) For the final room I wanted to do something very unique so I made a narrow hallway where you must bhop downhill, but watch out for the chompers! You have to time your bhops very well to get to the end room or else you'll die and have to start over. :S I took the chomper concept from the old Prince Of Persia game by the way.

Please let me know what you think and don't say anything about the textures, I will get to those later on. :)

Map time as of now is about 2:30 for a pro climber and about 5:00 for the average climber like me. I hope to add some more rooms somewhere in the process as well and will keep this thread updated.
[ Edited ]

colix mapper20/07/2007 08:34

it sounds pretty good, i cant wait to play it, hurry ;)

PrEn1uMz20/07/2007 12:51

look nice, good job ;)

FLR20/07/2007 14:10

looks nice, but, you've stolen the textures in the valley. I have those in my map. adn i dont want to change all of 'em, cuz then i have to change almost the whole first part.

Hope its okay tat i use those textures too. i got a different lightning, so maybe it wont be seen ^^

P.V.A.B.-jello20/07/2007 16:18

Thanks for the feedback guys! Hope to hear more.

FLR, the textures were released here for free I believe for everyone to use so it's okay for us to both use them.

sbzvln Tournament #220/07/2007 21:16

looks good :)

Aly00720/07/2007 22:02

ye look nice
gj

Volsfootball22/07/2007 22:05

A little late to ask for a new sky? :P

colix mapper23/07/2007 09:57

ye vols is right, change sky but except that, it looks very nice :) i very very like it, the last 2 pics looks interesting :)

NaRCoTiQ23/07/2007 15:50

it definitely looks nice :)

elITe^29/07/2007 10:42

Looks cool =)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.