ever thought about combining?

Started by IllDepence
28/07/2007 09:32
Page 1 of 2
IllDepence28/07/2007 09:32

Yesterday, when I was training cj, I just thought about a little modification of countjumps which could make them more effective.
My idea looks like this:
You start to prestrafe as like in a normal cj, you press duck once for the little jump and make the airstrafe which gives the high speed. But then, before you would land you start holding duck until your about to hit the ground ducked and make a standup bhop!

So you would have the highspeed of the cj-pre-air-strafe and in addidtion to that a longer pre-air-strafe althought the additional is while crouching. And you have the boost of a standup bhop.

Will be complicated to jump like this, but I can imagine it will make it possible to jump longer than with normal cj.

I myself won't be able to make a demo of it to show the technique, cuz I'm just about to learn normal cj :D

So, show me some 260+ jumps with standup countjump :o

LOLLY mapper28/07/2007 09:59

I think that technique will slow u down.
[ Edited 07/28/07 - 09:59:44 ]

pleeve28/07/2007 10:01

i tryed it some weeks ago and i got only like 235 max

IllDepence28/07/2007 10:27

the problem it that you must find the perfect moment to start crouching, so that the pre-airstrafe is done while standing...

pleeve28/07/2007 10:36

how lolly sad it realy slows down you not boosts you more so that wont help at all

IllDepence28/07/2007 10:42

but why does it?
if you just see the theory:

cj gives you more speed because of the airstrafe
standup bhop gives you a boost (and I dunno why^^)

so you start making your cj, make the airstrafe and you already have you high speed. then, when your just about to land you start crouching so the airstrafe is even longer which could give additional speed to and then you make your standup bhop which gives a boost again.
so it theory it works I think

but practical its maybe just very hard to time duck, strafe, duck again and bhop...

FailED`28/07/2007 10:52

i did only 240 with this way on block, ljstats didnt meassure that, i didnt post this technic because bibo did it first, on 244 bhop block @ kz_longjumps, then brian did this way bhlj @ ancienttomb wr :P

i did also this way with awp roof-rock jump and from "tower" to second waggon :rolleyes:

but i like it more than normal cj because its not needed to jump so soon after duck (i dont do doubleduck, dunno why most of ppl do) :o

standup bhop gives you a boost (and I dunno why^^)

IllDepence
thats simple, in perfect standup bounce you get additional acceleration by ducking just before you would land if you standed, and then abreath with land with pushed duck button, you release it and jump in the same moment, so you jump to height of stand bhop, so you get boost when you are ducked just above ground and you stand, and because you also jump, you dont slow down :E

[ Edited 07/28/07 - 11:13:57 ]

puppetz mapper28/07/2007 11:18

Well, I think many people have thought of this. But can you imagine how hard it will be to strafe (which basically is what that gives the higher groundspeed) when you are kinda holding duck? It won't really work IMO.

Fact or Fiction28/07/2007 11:20

250 max

DRUNKEN MASTER28/07/2007 12:08

dont understand -.-
demo pls

pleeve28/07/2007 13:27

ok my theory, you make the cj first to get the airspeed and so on, but when you are going to make the stand up thing you loose all youre cj speed and jump forward only at the stand up speed you got .

Tafatt28/07/2007 13:55

I think Thedy does it on his 252 cj demo

pleeve28/07/2007 15:26

I think Thedy does it on his 252 cj demo

Tafatt

Youre right!

.FLIPSYDE28/07/2007 15:26

arg give us demo, so the stupid can understand (that'd be me! :D)

Bibo28/07/2007 18:59

i did my bhops with countjumps with a standup bhops, and i always got 255ish onstats, so 255 is possible fosure

fuzzerd29/07/2007 00:12

thats simple, in perfect standup bounce you get additional acceleration by ducking just before you would land if you standed, and then abreath with land with pushed duck button, you release it and jump in the same moment, so you jump to height of stand bhop, so you get boost when you are ducked just above ground and you stand, and because you also jump, you dont slow down :E

Wheeler


didn't understand a word he said, and I don't understand how standup bhops give you more speed then just bhoping twice.

IllDepence29/07/2007 00:29

why do you compare a standup bhop with 2 bhops?!^^

FailED`29/07/2007 01:22

Originally posted by Wheeler
thats simple, in perfect standup bounce you get additional acceleration by ducking just before you would land if you standed, and then abreath with land with pushed duck button, you release it and jump in the same moment, so you jump to height of stand bhop, so you get boost when you are ducked just above ground and you stand, and because you also jump, you dont slow down :E

fuzzerd


didn't understand a word he said, and I don't understand how standup bhops give you more speed then just bhoping twice.


because you are longer in air => more time for multistrafe => more strafes => higher accelerate => higher speed => longer jumps :up:

[ Edited 07/29/07 - 01:23:31 ]

Mehz29/07/2007 02:30

no cus you get a "BOOST" lol. You CAN _FEEL_ the _BOOST_.

(I probably misunderstood you, so just take me as a retard in that case)

Thedy29/07/2007 21:46

ye i made that on the 252 cj dem =p

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.