Spikes That Hurt. For My PoP Map

Started by P.V.A.B.-jello
02/08/2007 00:35
Page 1 of 1
P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 00:35

So yeah, I pretty much know everything about mapping but I just can't seem to figure out how to have spikes inflict damage on my Prince of Persia kz map. So here's what I DO have down:

I have the spikes in a wall bound to a func_door entity. It is near a bhop section and I have it placed so if you jump too far the player enters a trigger_multiple area which causes the spikes to pop out of the wall. They do successfully hit the player and push him but I need to make the spikes deadly to the touch. Damage inflicted when blocked doesn't seem to work for obvious reasons.

Please help asap! :(

H.o.r.s.t.02/08/2007 00:42

tried trigger_hurt ?

P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 00:58

If I did that, then the spikes wouldn't move out from the wall. I need the func_door details for it to work right! Maybe func_train has a hurt feature...I'll check it out.

Edit: func_train doesn't have a hurt on touch feature either. The only way I can think of doing it is to make a trigger_hurt entity and bind it to the spikes and have the whole thing be a func_door so the trigger_hurt hits the player when the spikes move out but I know you can't have an entity in an entity. :(
[ Edited 08/02/07 - 01:01:17 ]

Mehz02/08/2007 01:05

multi manager thing?

P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 01:25

Probably but I don't see it in my list. What FGD are you using?

Mehz02/08/2007 01:54

http://l0w.step-m.cpms.ru/download/cs_expert-dmitrich800.fgd

P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 02:59

I only see momentary_door and momentary_rot_button. :(

??

Edit: I don't see any of my previous entity options like cycler anymore even if I reload/readd the fgd I was using before. :/

Hammer fuqd?

Edit: Now I see everything, wtf. I didn't even do anything. I just alt-tabbed back to Hammer to look at the alt-enter menu and everything just shows up now. Ah well, problem's now fixed. :)
[ Edited 08/02/07 - 03:10:03 ]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.