(kz_)kjz_princeofpersia

Started by P.V.A.B.-jello
02/08/2007 00:52
Page 1 of 2
P.V.A.B.-jello02/08/2007 00:52

So I abandoned kzj_unique to make this map instead. Maybe I'll submit the other one but it probably won't get accepted.

On to it!

I've gone for something completely unique. I have taken elements from the original Prince of Persia 1 & 2 games and combined them into a map of pure awesomeness.

You begin in a replica of the first dungeon of PoP 1:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10004.jpg

You fall from the gate and the beginning sound of the game is played. You then simply follow the hallways. Here are some more screenshots in order:

(Looking up at the start gate from the 2nd hallway area) http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10003.jpg

(At the end of the first level hallway, near the end of level door)
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10002.jpg

(Looking down the staircase after you enter the end of level door)
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10001.jpg


Then you end up in the magic carpet area of level 5 of PoP 2. I've stayed true to the room as much as possible. And yes, the magic carpet will go up and out the ceiling hole through the sky to the next area. And yes, you will get smashed just like in the game if you don't keep on going past the room to hit the tile/button to open the gates:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10000.jpg

(Through to the next room. I've got a neat effect for if you fall in the lava. If you've played PoP 2, then you know what I'm talking about. ;))
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10005.jpg

(Watch your bhops carefully or you'll get spiked)
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/pop_level10006.jpg


Everyone, let me know what you think and if you have played the game(s) and have some ideas/tips for me, please let me know. :)

Update (08.11.07):
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/08.11.07/

I've retexured everything to use the actual Prince Of Persia textures. I've also finished the old room and created a new room in the ruined palace theme where the magic carpet drops you off just like in the original game. Lots of time was spent in this room making the textures fit perfectly and creating the detailed brushes. Oh and yes, that is a flying head in the far back on the right side. Unfortunately you can't fight it. =p

Update:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/08.14.07/

I've finished the ruins section and beautified the magic carpet ride pathway.

Update:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/kzj_princeofpersia.zip

Major overhaul! I've added much more detail to the rooms and added so much more content. As far as I know, the map is complete. Before I submit it, however, I would like some people to download it and do some test runs and let me know what they think. All input is helpful even if it's a flame, but you have to tell me why it's horrible if you choose to flame in your reply. :)
[ Edited ]

BooLiSH02/08/2007 01:57

Öh... can't say much yet... looks not bad but the first areas are uch too dark o.O

keep it up!

stinnZ mapper02/08/2007 02:25

Öh... can't say much yet... looks not bad but the first areas are uch too dark o.O

keep it up!

BooLiSH


soul v2.0 mapper02/08/2007 04:52

Not every map has to be brighter than the spelling bee champion xD

Keep up the good work!

trb02/08/2007 05:16

<3 dark maps

and this one isn't that much dark

bit darker would also be nice :D

PrEn1uMz02/08/2007 05:23

look nice, good job ;)

sbzvln Tournament #202/08/2007 11:18

looks very nice :)

.doer!02/08/2007 17:19

im 100% sure that i had a map with the same name
kz_prince_of_persia or sth like that
gj anyway

drewbie mapper03/08/2007 11:29

prince of persia is auesome on sega ! :D

P.V.A.B.-jello11/08/2007 23:43

Update:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/08.11.07/

I've retexured everything to use the actual Prince Of Persia textures. I've also finished the old room and created a new room in the ruined palace theme where the magic carpet drops you off just like in the original game. Lots of time was spent in this room making the textures fit perfectly and creating the detailed brushes. Oh and yes, that is a flying head in the far back on the right side. Unfortunately you can't fight it. =p

P.V.A.B.-jello14/08/2007 23:13

Update:
http://tenub.xmshosting.net/pop/08.14.07/

I've finished the ruins section and beautified the magic carpet ride pathway.

.FLIPSYDE15/08/2007 00:19

hm.... why did you change it?
this looks way better than this one.

tho the map looks pretty nice. dark maps = high fps. (at least on my pc :p)
[ Edited 08/15/07 - 00:20:22 ]

P.V.A.B.-jello15/08/2007 00:41

I'm using actual textures from the original games.

Here are some screenshots of the second PoP game for comparison:

http://www.popuw.com/images/pop2-04.jpg
http://www.popuw.com/images/pop2-05.jpg
http://www.princed.com.ar/pop2/screens/c02.gif
http://www.princed.com.ar/pop2/screens/r02.gif
http://www.princed.com.ar/pop2/screens/t10.gif

.FLIPSYDE15/08/2007 02:37

ahahahahaha ownage!! ok then just forget my former post!

awesome idea! :D gj, oldschool nes design <3

rinkon mapper15/08/2007 09:18(edited 26/07/2015 09:46)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

acidburn15/08/2007 11:31

The new screenshots look awesome! Good job so far. ;)

reinis615/08/2007 11:38

GJ map looks good. I hope it gets kz tag when finished :)

s0liD mapper15/08/2007 12:13

yeah the maps looks really good :)

P.V.A.B.-jello15/08/2007 16:30

the map looks really fun, and i'd really like to test and mabye give pointers/advice, if i can tell me and i'll give you my contact info thanks

rinkon


No problem. In fact I'd prefer people who want to test the map out or give help. :) I'm on AIM at joczn and MSN at [email protected]

Maxohhz16/08/2007 03:13

looks awesome, good job :)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.