Bhop help

Started by Igge
04/08/2007 00:24
Page 1 of 1
Igge04/08/2007 00:24

I got some questions I need help with to finish the last parts on my map.

1. I got a part with bhop. How do you make the blocks going down and then up again? How do you get teleported when you hit the water below?

2. I've found the wad-file timecounter.wad but I have no idea how to use it. There is also no wad file to create the start and stop button. Would be nice if someone could help with that.

Some question but i doubt they're easy to answer :)

.doer!04/08/2007 11:46

1. http://xtreme-jumps.eu/content.php?article.47
1.1 http://xtreme-jumps.eu/content.php?article.44

Igge04/08/2007 12:39

thanks for the answer AlpaGun. Very easy to understand.

Still need help with the start and finish button things.

DaMp mapper04/08/2007 13:29

you have to download the timecounter.rmf there u have the timer and stuff the timecounter.wad is only for the textures of the timer from the timecounter.rmf don't forget the button is in the halflife.wad

Igge04/08/2007 17:46

ok but i still dont know how to start the counting and then end it.

dEMolite mapper04/08/2007 20:22

learn the entity system from Half-Life then you will find it out yourself.

Igge04/08/2007 20:41

yeah i know It's better to try before asking. I've searched around all entities but I havn't seen anything. I havn't played half-life so it wil be pretty hard to learn theentity system. I've also searched on google for some kind of tutorial which could help but found none.

Igge04/08/2007 22:47

all question answered. Thanks damp for the last anwers =)

colix mapper04/08/2007 23:45

anyways, check this thread, u can find almost everything what u could need ;)
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?81.34141

and, here's the timecounter if u dont have it :P
http://members.chello.hu/balla.gyorgy/downloads/timecounter.zip

and come to #mappers on irc if u have questions about mapping :P

dezkit30/10/2007 04:30

how is the time counter called in halflife.wad

dEMolite mapper30/10/2007 04:44

the time counter isnt called in halflife.wad
when you mean the textures are missing, try to add the timecounter.wad to the texturelist under options

clair mapper30/10/2007 15:24

the best way ive found to learn things, is to use bsptwomap and decompile maps. the program was created for that purpose, so just use bsptwomap on goldbhop or something. youll realize how simple bhops are :)

if you dont have it, try this:
http://files.filefront.com/BSPTwoMap/;1714840;/fileinfo.html
[ Edited 10/30/07 - 17:05:08 ]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.