see through sky
i have problem with my map, i have 2 big boxes with parts of my map, all inside one skybox
and i want to make it impossible to see textures and blocks in one box from the other one. normally they arent visible, but sometimes they are
even though theres sky texture on the walls in both boxes its still visible
i hope you understand what i mean
heres a ss
[IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/279/46359359lv9.th.jpg[/IMG]
We all have the same problem. There's really only one way to fix it and that is to use hint/skip textures to stop Hammer from rendering parts of your map visible from certain viewpoints. However, I tried it once and the hint/skip textures must be within an enclosed area and I couldn't really figure it out. Search Google for "hint/skip tutorial" or something to that extent and you'll find a few good tutorials. But like I said, it is a complicated matter and your best way of preventing the problem is to position your brushes strategically.
You could also try changing your maximum viewable distance in the map parameters as a last resort but if you have any large rooms I would advise against doing this because it simply looks bad in a large area.
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?80.43063
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?80.43188
There u have a nice guide on hint-brushes
or just simply put part2 under part1 and tadaa
This is more in depth and makes more sense:
http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?doc=1043477348-95410300
Please log in to post replies.