skz_brickclimb coming soon
This will be the first map I complete to the very end. Before I add it for real I want to give you some screenshots from it.
Here are 3 images which show some parts of the map:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1451/brickjump1er7.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8849/brickjump2zv1.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6269/brickjump3zl3.jpg
Hope you like it as much as i do :)
I'm thankful for any comments, good or bad.
/Igge
You already know what I think of it ;)
yup i do hehe :D
its very green :P
yeah if you are watching picture 2 from above it looks green because the you have no chance to see the brick texture.
yay looks nice :) and ye its too green but i like it!
hmm is there any simple way to fix it. Different ground textures? Different green colour of the grass?
I'm glad you liked it. I still have loads of stuff to learn about VHE.
vary the textures a little? iono. i think youre right, its just the angle of that screenshot. send it in!
btw whats VHE? haha :rolleyes:
n1 map i like it, it reminds me to kzsca_brickvalley ;)
clair : VHE = Valve Hammer Editor :D
but if i used other grass textures it would look wierd to me. Would be nice to hear what kind of textures i can add and so on.
VHE stands for valve hammer editor...i use to say hammer but sometimes i write VHE.
colix: Yeah i really love brickvalley. Got most of my inspiration from kz_brickngrass though which is also a very nice map.
well i guess you learn something new everyday thx. hm... u could use a dif shade of grass on the main floor or something, but youre right, theres usually only one texture that looks perfect to you.
on the 3rd screenshot: are those jumps grassy-topped as well?
yes all jumps r grassy topped. Im thinking of changing the light_environment so it doesnt glow so much.
i think that is why the grass stood out so much. the colors are all very vibrant. im working on getting the light_environment just right on a cs_ map im making so that its dusk... but with not much luck.
oh :(
the map border doesn't really fit in to the map concept and the standard sky sucks too.
So i think you can do a better border then only doing 4walls around the map.
Looks good. Might wanna work on your enclosure area to make it not so square.
tenub, if you haven't noticed, there are many maps that are squares :)
actually i hav no idea how to change the standard sky. Ok I'll try to make the border walls more intresting. But most of the brick walls in the world r squares i think.
looks like it's going to be fun to jump :)
Please log in to post replies.