kz_kostroma

18/09/2007 12:39
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
FragMcCracken mapper18/09/2007 12:39

Status: Denied

Reasons:

- The map is ok but the env_spark is really bad. the fps are bad cuz u didnt map very well:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4276/76947974ba4.jp
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2219/53227299ut4.jpg
the hl-engine calculates everytime 4 rooms instead of one. the result 2800 w-polys -> low fps. one donuthall every second stage would increase the fps by 20-30 imoand u forgot very often the null-texture glitch: http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4103/glitchit6.jpg

Wallbugs: on the last level, you can't stand up after you release crouch if you're next to a wall. it's like this on the higher jumps. we know the sounds are adding to the environment, but the ground isn't even metal! the sound we hear reminds us of metal, and even on some jumps we hear that metal sound when we jump.
Another minus is that the jumps were pretty repetitive and small.

Sugestions:

- Change the things we mentioned and the jumps a bit more bigger. a donuthall would be nice or something like that to increase the fps´.
[ Edited ]
[ Edited ]

8ball1 mapper moviemaker VIP20/09/2007 21:31

fps are bad because I forgot the compil with a good "vis"
Its not a problem, the map gonna have descente fps.
And I will rebuild part with wallblock.
( No I dont use the null texture for this map )
I will re-submit a new version.
[ Edited 09/21/07 - 06:38:15 ]

8ball1 mapper moviemaker VIP23/09/2007 14:51

"wallblocks" on last level was resolved.

sometimes you can listen "metal" when you walk on other thing.
because the added thing is an illusionary block.
If I put the illusionary thing in solid, the player will cant walk on.
(sorry my english sux)

http://www.picdo.net/Fichiers/d969e690361a5b3baba4e6196ab388/illu.jpg

2 solutions : I delet the fake ground effect, or you accept it.

(and the fps problem is totally resolved, no problem now)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #224/09/2007 21:33

Hmmh, i'm not sure if i understand what you mean, but why is it func_illusionary? Why not like, func_wall?

(btw that ground looks horrible in the editor ^^ if you are in irc i can guide how to make a better ground)

Page 1 of 1