kz_countryside

Started by faker mapper
25/10/2007 15:56
Page 1 of 1
faker mapper25/10/2007 15:56

Status: Denied

Reason:

- First of all I have to complain about your mapsubmission attitude. U re-submitted the map several times in a short period of time, with only marginal changes which didn't justify checking the map again. Therfore the mood within the mapadmins towards another submission of your map was very bad, a few even refused to play it again after seeing (almost) nothing has changed. WE ARE NO BETA TESTERS. Don't abuse the mapsubmission process!

However, here are the things why it got denied:

- FPS drops for a few admins

- Wallbugs

- Several Bugs: Lighting bug, You can't see it in this pic, but there are 2 textures on top of each other when a bhop block goes down., Black => transparent kthxbai, Same, I got stuck here :S, @ the bottom of the well. The water is solid!,Unrealistic, Use black texture instead, Lighting bug, Null,

- Also in some places you can see fire sprites through walls.

- Other problems:
-> The signs/arrows that show you the right way are pretty ugly and don't fit to the theme at all.
-> You can get stuck in the sewers (the "fountain")
-> The teleporters that teleport you to the start of the bhop stage and into the sewers are pretty strange... That's kinda bad architecture if u have to use such teleporters to get the player from the outside parts into the sewers for exmaple, esp. if it's a natural/realistic theme.

Suggestions:

Actually this map has some potential. Fix all the bugs, spend some time on working on the map (we know u can do a lot of better) and submit it when it's finished!!!!

Other: -


[ Edited ]

Volsfootball25/10/2007 23:48

Ok first of all, you can get stuck ON ANY JUMP if you fall into the crease, dont fucking submit that as a bug. Second of all, of course you can see the sprite flame on the other wall since the damn thing is a sprite... do you know what a sprite is? Third of all, when the bhop block goes down and has the same texture... Why DUH??? Is that even a bug... The water is NOT solid, its just very shallow, there is a damn block under it. 4th off, ALL CS MAPS HAVE WALL BUGS!!!! If you haven't noticed... If I try to spend my fucking time making a good looking map with bunch of vertex faces when your just going to critize me for it. Why bother mapping?

I dont get it. This map IS my best map ever, and you dont even accept it as custom. It beats cg_islands... it beats most of the custom maps you have accepted in the past few months.

I dont know why you say FPS drops since I increased the fps by 40 fps when i first made this map. My comp sucks and it still runs with 60 fps constant. WHICH is better than kz_kzsca_ancientblock's fps. . . No offense to Pfol...i love the map.

Bad architecture...is that a joke?

I'm sorry that i submitted the map wrong in the first place. I thought it was 100% correct. I sent it to a couple people and they liked it and so i submitted it. I guess I was just used to yall denying me on kreedz..

I mean i dont see why you deny all my maps...this one, sensk_toonblock WHICH is 10 times better than custom maps. The only reason why I heard it was rejected was because it was "too long"... It was suppost to! MY GOAL was to make it the longest block map ever. And you DENY the map because of it! I dont get it. Oh, and it didnt take 2 months to make the map officially denied... What is that all about. I dont care if you had map check problems 2 months is ridiculous.

Same with kz_alamo
Same with kzus_abstract

I hope you will read all of this becaues im really quiet mad that im spending so much of my time mapping when I DONT SEE ANYTHING in return...

s0liD mapper26/10/2007 17:30

It wont beat cg_islands ever.... youre map is long but it has tons of wallbugs.. yes most maps have wallbugs.. but not on every single jump also you didnt pick the texture right.. theyre just random. Yes it is youre best map but we are not like :"WOW volsfootball made his best map!! lets make it custom" or whatever its about the standards of todays mapping skills.. Im not saying you dont map good or whatever but many just didnt like the map for the looks / jumps / layout and other stuff neighter did me.. so just get over it and try again.. and sorry for youre time but were not beging you to make a map?! Its youre choice and youre will to make a map and submit it >> got it released for the public to play it and record demos on it.. Were just a team checking if youre map has it to make custom or kz... so dont fucking dissrespect us.. And you have to accept that if the management is fucked up.. so it needs to be fixed and then youre map can be checked also youre talking about toonblock.. the map was good long BUT EXTREMELY BORING TO THE END.. the jumps are repeative and boring.. I was like : " Omg where is the end?" after 5 min of playing it... so you know make youre maps with cool jumps non boring looks.. im sure you have what it takes to make a good map..

Also why are you talking about you dont see anything in return?? like i said XJ isnt beging you to make a map ^^ so we dont have to return nothing we just judge youre map like i said youre not like the only kz mapper on the earth that submites KZ maps to XJ.. a lot of mappers got theyre maps denied.. even my maps got denied but I just released them with my custom tag and made another one....

And if youre comparing ancientblock to this "masterpiece" then I dont understand you.. Yes the fpw was bad for me too but people have new pcs that run cs 1.6 at constant 100 fps so I wasnt voting like.. oooooooo damn I wont let it be KZ because i have shitty fps and i cant play it.. but other 10000 peopla have 100 fps on it so you got my point

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.