Your hardware?

Started by Spaceman Spiff
02/02/2006 03:30
Page 10 of 12
Berkut Tournament #220/08/2011 21:41

Originally posted by akkord
OCZ, Agility 3 SSD, 120GB, Sata III
Western Digital, 2TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, Sata III, Caviar Black
Intel, Core i7 2600K (3.40 GHz, 8MB Cache, LGA1155) OEM
LITE ON, DVD-/+RW/, RAM12X, (-/+R24X) Black
Creative, Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM PCI-E
x2 Scythe, Slip Stream 120 mm, 800 rpm, 40.17 CFM, 10.7 dBA
Thermaltake, ARMOR A60, Full Tower, Black
Asus, GeForce GTX580, 1536MB, GDDR5, DirectCU II
Chieftec, 850W, 14cm fan, 80+, Nitro Series
Asus, P8Z68-V PRO
Kingston, 8GB, DDR3, 1600Mhz, CL9, Kit Of 2, XyperX

wobwobowobowobowbowo

best pc on xj :D

remake20/08/2011 21:51(edited 20/08/2011 21:52)

Wtf are you ever going to do with 24GB of RAM?

CamelCloudrecord holder20/08/2011 21:59

Originally posted by remake
Wtf are you ever going to do with 24GB of RAM?


Not sure, that's why I included the word "overkill". I had 8GB when I was originally picking the parts, but then a special offer occured giving me 16 for another $50, so I just did it. The offer is when buying any part above the price $300. Considering I'll buy another GTX 580, I thought I'd do it again. Just for the hell of it.

Dragon20/08/2011 23:33

do you render 3D models of predictions of global weather catastrophes on your PC?

protoN21/08/2011 00:35

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme B3, Socket-1155
Corsair Vengeance? DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9
Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5
Intel® Core? i7-2600K Processor @ 4.8ghz
Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB
Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Western Digital Caviar® 500gb
NZXT Phantom Big Tower Hvit
Noctua NH-U9B SE2 CPU Cooler
850w powersupply

<33

CamelCloudrecord holder21/08/2011 00:53

Originally posted by Dragon
do you render 3D models of predictions of global weather catastrophes on your PC?


How'd you guess?

But I do work with 3D stuff from time to time, and when you're rendering it with full AA and 1980x1080 it will take some time to render it out. The lousy 2GB of ram I got now barely render anything out without crashing.

protoN: Gonna crossfire that 6970 or buy a 6990?

sooshkarecord holder21/08/2011 01:26(edited 21/08/2011 02:42)

i have the best power supply in the world

the Seasonic X gold certified series (new ones)
i have the 760w one. GOD DAMNIT WHY THE **** DOES IT LAG WHEN I TYPE?!?!?!? I HAVE AN INTEL QUAD CORE AND IT LAGS WHEN I TYPE IN FORUMS!! RIDICULOUS

@camelrider why would you buy 6990? waste of money.

Edit by admin: Swearing will result in a warning

CamelCloudrecord holder21/08/2011 01:28(edited 21/08/2011 01:29)

For being the best PSU, it has quite a low amount of watts. I'd expect 1500 watt from "the best PSU".

Why not? As far as I know, they run better than 6970's. Saw a quad crossfire video with 6990 and quad SLi GTX 590's, where the 6990 would get an advantage with up to 20 fps.

sooshkarecord holder21/08/2011 01:39(edited 21/08/2011 01:42)

u dont understand, more = watts doesn't mean high quality psu. there are crappy high watt low quality psus out there. however, if you take the same make and model of my seasonic x 760, and its high dollar per watt price (one of the highest if not the highest, which means its high quality) and make 1500w out of it, you'll have the best and highest wattage psu. I just have the best psu, not the highest wattage psu.

and about the 6990, ofc he would get higher fps with it, but it's gonna eat a lot more power and does he really need the fps? his card is already pretty good and should be able to handle games ez (unless u play with like 2056xwhatever on 3 monitors and highest settings)..

mtoboiii8000 mapper21/08/2011 02:25(edited 21/08/2011 02:25)

CPU: Intel i7 2600K @3.4ghz
GPU: Palit GTX 570
Memory: Corsair 8GB Dual Channel
Board: ASUS P8P67
HDD: Samsung 1TB 7200
LG Blu-ray rewriter
NZXT Case

CamelCloudrecord holder21/08/2011 11:40

Originally posted by sooshka
u dont understand, more = watts doesn't mean high quality psu. there are crappy high watt low quality psus out there. however, if you take the same make and model of my seasonic x 760, and its high dollar per watt price (one of the highest if not the highest, which means its high quality) and make 1500w out of it, you'll have the best and highest wattage psu. I just have the best psu, not the highest wattage psu.

and about the 6990, ofc he would get higher fps with it, but it's gonna eat a lot more power and does he really need the fps? his card is already pretty good and should be able to handle games ez (unless u play with like 2056xwhatever on 3 monitors and highest settings)..


Aight, I get it.

About the card, have you tried running The Witcher 2 on 1980x1080 and every setting on high, including ubersampling? Ubersampling itself makes the PC lose 50-70% of performance. People with single GTX 580's average 12-20 FPS with ubersampling.

SPOKS22/08/2011 19:49(edited 22/08/2011 19:49)

CPU: HP media Centar
GFX: Ati Radeon HD 2600 PRO
Hard drive: 300 gb
Mouse: A4Tech x7-740k
Mousepad: SteelSeries NP+
Keyboard: HP
Headset: Razer Orca Black
RAM: 2gb
Processor: 3ghz x2

ivansky22/08/2011 23:23

CPU:Intel Celeron 2.83Ghz 512KB L2 Cache
GFX:ATi Radeon HD3650 AGP 512MB DDR2/128 bit
HDD:80GB Maxtor 7200rpm
RAM:1GB A-Data DDR SDRAM
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-L (Rev. 1.x)
Mouse:X7-705K
Mousepad:X7 (large idk model hahaxD)
Keyboard:X7-g300
Network:Realtek 8139 (Modem+Router TPLink)
Sound:C-Media 8378LX 6Channel (headphones+5.1 stereo)
Headset:a4tech hs50

The shittiest pc on XJ,but good longjump skill idk:/

faker mapper25/08/2011 06:04(edited 25/08/2011 06:07)

http://www.abload.de/img/2600k_2_40_1092_liste3ujt.jpg

My 6th and best 2600k <3

-

GA P67A-UD4 B3 F3d, i7-2600k @ 4,3Ghz (1,188V), Noctua NH-D14 / 4x2GB PC16000 Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz / MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC @ 950/1900/2100 / Intel SSD 510 120GB + WD 1,5TB EADS / Be-Quiet Dark Power 750W / Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ

CamelCloudrecord holder26/08/2011 21:53

Originally posted by faker
http://www.abload.de/img/2600k_2_40_1092_liste3ujt.jpg

My 6th and best 2600k <3

-

GA P67A-UD4 B3 F3d, i7-2600k @ 4,3Ghz (1,188V), Noctua NH-D14 / 4x2GB PC16000 Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz / MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC @ 950/1900/2100 / Intel SSD 510 120GB + WD 1,5TB EADS / Be-Quiet Dark Power 750W / Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ


Your 6th 2600k? Have you overheated all the others, haha?

niel06/09/2011 17:17

Today I bought the macbook pro 17 " for graduation in architecture

- 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory;
- 500GB 7200-rpm hard drive
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
- 17-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit antiglare widescreen display, 1920-by-1200 resolution

Bubblicious11/09/2011 01:21(edited 11/09/2011 01:22)

rmv

Jonde15/09/2011 20:15

Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 EVO (RMA)
MSI Twin Frozr GTX 570 Power Edition
4x2gb of generic 1600mhz DDR3 9-9-9-21
2x Samsung F3 1TB unraided
Cooler Master HAF 932 with front intake, top outtake, side intake and back outtake
Corsair HX650
NH-D14

Here's my best overclocking result with air at 4 cores:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1145/51das.png

I managed to boot with x53 as well but with only 1 core, don't have a screenshot of it though.

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #323/09/2011 02:13(edited 23/09/2011 02:14)

Upgraded a little now, still have an old graphic card (Geforce 275), will change it eventually. Bought new Motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD and 2x 2TB HDDs.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 (This motherboard looks awesome)
XFX GeForce GTX 275 640M 896MB PhysX
Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K 3,4GHz
Corsair Vengeanceâ„¢ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 Kit w/2x 4GB

Crucial m4 SSD 2,5" 64GB
Seagate Barracuda® Green 2TB, 3,5" x2
Seagate Freeagent Xtreme 7200.2 1TB
Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2
Seagate FreeAgent 500GB USB2.0
Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2 x2
WD 160GB HDD (First HDD I got :P)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2100yaf.jpg (The 160GB is 2 partitions, will delete one)
http://i56.tinypic.com/mhd8a8.jpg

Time to start transferring files to get some more space on certain disks :D

Jonde23/09/2011 06:08(edited 23/09/2011 06:11)

Why did you buy the Green series HDDs?

They are slower than the normal ones due to RPM difference, they only spin at 5900RPM

I was planning on getting the sabertooth as well when i built my sandy setup due to it looking so goddamn cool but then I heard all kinds of rants so I just bought the Asus P8P67 EVO.

The shield thing that it has on top of the motherboard actually raises temperatures of your components because it blocks airflow. So if you see high temperatures in your motherboards IC's you should try removing it. Not like you stare the inside of your pc all the time(unless you have a case with a side windows next to you)

Page 10 of 12

Please log in to post replies.